Thread: Searching and Typing in Hebrew

Hybrid View

Default Searching and Typing in Hebrew

Question 1:
    Over the last few years, I learned how to type on an Israeli keyboard, where for example SHALOM would be typed WKUO (W=Shin, K=Lamed, U=Vav, O=MemSofit). Is there ANY way to type this in Bible Works in the search box?

Question 2:
    Because I cannot figure out the above, I have to use the "Tools" then "BibleWorks Keyboard". When using the keyboard map, I typed in a word such as "SHALOM", then I press the ENTER key. When I press the enter key, the last letter that I clicked on (the MEM) repeats. I don't understand why?

These are the features I use most often, so I would like to become more efficient with them.

Thanks,
    Neal
    Last edited by NealWalters; 02-23-2008 at 07:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NealWalters View Post
    Over the last few years, I learned how to type on an Israeli keyboard...
    I, too, am constantly confused since I use the Israeli keyboard for everything. Although there is an option in BW to use the Israeli keyboard, for command line searches I simply open up the BibleWorks keyboard, switch it to Hebrew, and then plug in the appropriate letters while viewing the keyboard.

Also, a lot of the time I cheat...

That is, I type in the English equivalent of the Hebrew word, go to the first passage that contains the Hebrew word/form I am looking for, then double-click to search for the form or right-click to search for the lemma of that word.
    Last edited by Adelphos; 02-23-2008 at 08:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NealWalters View Post
    Question 1:
    Over the last few years, I learned how to type on an Israeli keyboard, where for example SHALOM would be typed WKUO (W=Shin, K=Lamed, U=Vav, O=MemSofit). Is there ANY way to type this in Bible Works in the search box?
    I think there is!

Tools > Options > Option Flags > Command Line Configuration Options > Use Israeli keyboard on command line

Does that work for you?