Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Adjusting Font Size in a Resource

Default Adjusting Font Size in a Resource

Is there a way to adjust the font size in a resource such as Metzger's Textual Commentary or Tischendorf or Robertson's Grammar?
    "I can only say that I am nothing but a poor sinner, trusting in Christ alone for salvation"--R. E. Lee
    "It is not our task to secure the triumph of truth, but merely to fight on its behalf."--Blaise Pascal

This question was asked a couple years ago without a response. I guess that none of us knows a way to change the fonts in those resources. There is a trick to changing the size of display of html help files. Look here Font Size in Help Files if you want to experiment with this further.
    Mark Eddy
    Last edited by Mark Eddy; 02-24-2008 at 10:52 PM.

Mark, thank you for your input. Unfortunately you were correct in that the suggestions you alluded to did not work in this case.
    "I can only say that I am nothing but a poor sinner, trusting in Christ alone for salvation"--R. E. Lee
    "It is not our task to secure the triumph of truth, but merely to fight on its behalf."--Blaise Pascal

Default Adjusting Font Size in a Resource

Open up a resource and click on Options (at the top of the page) and choose Internet Options. Open the Accessibility option, and then check the "Ignore font sizes specified on webpages" box, and OK. That should make reading more enjoyable.

sparcusmarcus, thanks for the tip. However, I didn't see any change. How can I make the font larger?

Default I See a Slight Difference w. SparcusMarcus' Advice

Open up IE and click on Page (top right), go down to Text Size and choose Larger. Then, open up a BibWorks resource and see if that increases the font.

Quote Originally Posted by sparcusmarcus View Post
    Open up IE and click on Page (top right), go down to Text Size and choose Larger. Then, open up a BibWorks resource and see if that increases the font.
    I had given that a try this morning, prior to making my Jing video. And again just now, prior to making this post.

*The IE "Page" method seems to work for internet pages but not for BW resource pages.

The only other option I can see (pun?) is using MS's "magnifier".

*Caveat - It could most certainly be the carpenter and not the tools.

The IE Page option works for me (on Vista), but the BW resource needs to be opened after the "Larger" font size is chosen. Uncheck the "Ignore font styles specified on webpages" as well.
    Last edited by sparcusmarcus; 08-01-2008 at 08:44 PM.

sparcusmarcus, thanks it worked great in Win 2000 running in virtualbox. the last native windows I ran was 98, so I have forgotten or don't know these tricks.