Thread: Is the ISV available for the Version Database Compiler?

Default Is the ISV available for the Version Database Compiler?

Is the ISV available for BibleWorks? http://www.isv.org/index.htm

Kevin
    Prof. Kevin W. Woodruff, M. Div., M. S. I. S.
    Library Director/Reference Librarian, Assistant Professor of
    Bible and Greek, Theological Bibliography and Research
    Tennessee Temple University/Temple Baptist Seminary,
    1815 Union Ave.
    Chattanooga, Tennessee 37404, United States of America
    423/493-4252 (office) 812/821-4512 (mobile) 423/493-4497
    (FAX)
    woodruk@tntemple.edu Cierpke@prodigy.net

Post ISV Availability

If someone does not already have it in BibleWorks format, I am willing to create it for BibleWorks. Just let me know.

Regards,
    Willem Swanepoel

The ISV would be nice to have in Bibleworks; just keep in mind that it is not completed yet, and even completed sections are still subject to change.

Ingo

Default Yes, I would like it if someone could...

Willem:

I would appreciate it if you would. The more I use it, the more useful I find it

Kevin
    1815 Union Ave.
    (FAX)

Default Permission is granted by the copyright holder

We welcome inclusion of the ISV in BibleWorks without a requirement for royalty payments for inclusion of the ISV in that program, provided that no charge be made to end users for the ISV module. Our policy is not to charge royalties for electronic editions of the ISV. Davidson Press will contact you regarding the specifics.

PLEASE NOTE: We are in final editing review of what will become v1.5 of the ISV New Testament with Psalms and Proverbs. We recommend waiting until we release this edition (around Easter or perhaps earlier) before you format the ISV for inclusion in BibleWorks.

Regards,
    William P. Welty, Ph.D.
    ISV Foundation
    13111 Downey Avenue
    Paramount, CA 90723-2412 USA
    Phone: +1 562 529 2789
    Mobile: +1 714 519 4040
    Fax: +1 208 567 3898
    1815 Union Ave.
    (FAX)

Default On the Conversion of the ISV in a BibleWorks Format

A Clarification of Our Download Pricing Policy for the ISV e-Texts
    by Charles Welty of Davidson Press

William Welty, director of the ISV Foundation, wrote:
    We welcome inclusion of the ISV in BibleWorks without a requirement for royalty payments for inclusion of the ISV in that program, provided that no charge be made to end users for the ISV module. Our policy is not to charge royalties for electronic editions of the ISV. Davidson Press will contact you regarding the specifics.

PLEASE NOTE: We are in final editing review of what will become v1.5 of the ISV New Testament with Psalms and Proverbs. We recommend waiting until we release this edition (around Easter or perhaps earlier) before you format the ISV for inclusion in BibleWorks.
    Strictly speaking, that policy was for the ISV New Testament, which first was released in the e-Sword format when that program made its debut a number of years ago. Also, Logos has carried a free version of the ISV New Testament, as well.

Please note that Davidson Press, LLC, owns the exclusive worldwide right to publish the ISV in all formats, including printed and electronic formats. The policy for the publishing of the electronic version of the completed ISV Bible is expected to be somewhat different from prior releases.

Effective upon the publication of the completed ISV Bible, all prior ISV New Testament electronic files will be considered outdated. We will recommend, but not require, that all prior releases be removed from all software download sites, or -- at the very least -- that the ISV download be labeled as a prior release, such as ISV NT Release 1.3 or ISV NT Release 1.2, etc. We will allow older versions of the ISV text to be available because some readers may prefer the older texts. When cited in published works, we would request that the version number be included in parenthesis, such as (ISV 1.3) or (ISV 2.0), etc.

The new ISV release will be entitled The Holy Bible: International Standard Version, Release 2.0. The ISV NT will be released as the ISV New Testament with Psalms and Proverbs, Release 2.0. William referred to this as Release 1.5, but strictly speaking, there are expected to be no additional changes in the ISV NT when its next iteration is released, so I am recommending that the Release Number be set to 2.0, not to 1.5.

We will allow the ISV New Testament with Psalms and Proverbs to be released in electronic format (including the BibleWorks format) at no charge. We will, however, require a small fee for the electronic version of the complete OT/NT file. The fee has not been set, but it is not expected to exceed USD$2.00.

About Our Proposed ISV OT/NT Fee

We need to charge a small fee for the complete ISV Bible for the following reason: we cannot afford to cover the costs of our initial printed press runs. It's as simple as that. Over 1,000,000 free copies of the ISV NT have been distributed worldwide, but only 35,000 or so actual copies made it to print. This was because the cost of completing the translation exceeded our cash flow. If we had received even $1.00 for each ISV NT electronic download, we would have had the translation finished quite some time ago, and you would have seen it in print in your local bookstores. This is the economic reality of our situation.

Also, we will need the capital from the electronic sales to complete our ISV Concordance, and to complete the ISV Apocrypha (no, we don't think the Apocrypha is inspired, but there is some historical value there for scholars).

If we receive funding for press runs from some other sources, we may waive the USD$2.00 fee in the future. Please consider your contribution to be just that -- a contribution. It's a reasonable way to spread the tremendous cost of completing the ISV among our many enthusiastic supporters. You'll pay more than what we're asking for a cup of coffee, so please support us in this matter.

PDF files of the text for use in printing non-revenue missionary editions of the ISV Bible will always be available with zero royalty requirements for missionary uses. If someone wants to give away a million copies of the ISV as an evangelistic tool, we will require no royalty if the mission agency wants to print the ISV at their expense. They should contact missions@davidsonpress.com for more information.

I hope this qualifies our position on the release of electronic formats of the ISV.

Very truly yours,

Charles Welty
    Davidson Press
    Publishers of the ISV Bible
    tel: 1-866-NEW-BIBLe
    tel: 1-866-639-2425
    Last edited by crwelty; 01-07-2008 at 09:25 PM.

Default Release Number of e-Sword ISV Text

Quote Originally Posted by bobvenem View Post
    The version of the ISV I have compiled is the one used in e-Sword. I don't know which version it is.
    The ISV in e-Sword is Release 1.2.2.

Click on the e-Sword Main Menu, click on the "Bible" link, then click the "Information" link in the drop down menu.

Charles Welty
    Davidson Press