Thread: New Version: The Message

Default New Version: The Message

This version going to be added anytime soon in Bibleworks? Sorry if this has been asked before.

Steve

Thumbs up Popular Versions not yet in BibleWorks

Forum members recently alerted me to the terrific e-sword program, which is free [though the developer, Rick Meyers is happy to take donations, which reminds me ... ].

See www.e-sword.net

It has some goodies not yet in BibleWorks. It is a surprisingly good program for the price! I was pleased to find a copy of The Message [which I didn't have in any form], the Good News Bible [which I only have in hard copy] and things like the Keil and Delitzsch Old Testament Commentary.

It also contains stuff that is included in BibleWorks.

I think it is well worth downloading, and well worth sending a donation for, which reminds me ...

David McKay

Quote Originally Posted by Gontroppo
    Forum members recently alerted me to the terrific e-sword program, which is free [though the developer, Rick Meyers is happy to take donations, which reminds me ... ].

See www.e-sword.net

It has some goodies not yet in BibleWorks. It is a surprisingly good program for the price! I was pleased to find a copy of The Message [which I didn't have in any form], the Good News Bible [which I only have in hard copy] and things like the Keil and Delitzsch Old Testament Commentary.

I think it is well worth downloading, and well worth sending a donation for, which reminds me ...

David McKay
    Another great feature is it is easy to export any bible in e-sword to a format that is easy to import via the version database compiler.
    Dr. Kevin Purcell I am a BW9 User!
    Columnist for Christian Computing Magazine
    See my personal blog at www.KevinPurcell.org
    Follow me on Twitter @kapurcell

How do I get "The Message" into Bibleworks via the Compiler? It is an EXE ?

Quote Originally Posted by kpurcell
    Another great feature is it is easy to export any bible in e-sword to a format that is easy to import via the version database compiler.

Thanks! Very nice, it just seems that Bibleworks would have this version (The Message ) available at this time....

See www.e-sword.net

David McKay

Question E-Sword to BibleWorks

Kevin, can you tell us how to get e-sword databases into BibleWorks, please? Sounds great, if not too difficult.

David McKay

Default Exporting e-sword module and importing to BW6

Quote Originally Posted by Sbradford
    How do I get "The Message" into Bibleworks via the Compiler? It is an EXE ?
    You fire up E-Sword and export it using the copy verses button. You have to go book by book and when you export it, copy it into your WProc. and then clean it up. There is less cleaning to use if you use the copy format
    1 or 6 in the e-sword copy verses dialogue box. But some is necessary. You have to take out the lines between each verse. I took out the extra lines by doing a find replace and replacing the 2 paragraph marks with one. In Word you have to use the key stroke ^p^p in the find box and ^p in the replace button. I also replace all the 2 spaces with 1 space (after the reference). Do this by putting two spaces in the find box and 1 space in the replace box. The result is file that should then be copied and pasted into notepad and saved with the 3 letter version identifier you want to use (like MSG for the Message or MKJ for Modern King James Version). Then import using the Database version compiler. Follow the help files to learn how to do this.

Exclamation E-sword to BibleWorks

Thanks for the information, Kevin.
    Sounds very time-consuming!

But if anyone else has done the groundwork ...

David McKay

Kevin, can you tell us how to get e-sword databases into BibleWorks, please? Sounds great, if not too difficult.

David McKay
    Read my above post it is detailed there.

And for those who are interested in the Message I did the work and have the TXT file. If you do a search for e-sword on yahoogroups.com you can join the group that helped me learn how to do this.