Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is Eusebius' Church History online in Greek?

Default Is Eusebius' Church History online in Greek?

Hi all
    I would like to hear if anyone knows whether the Greek text of Eusebius Church History has been scanned and is online anywhere.
    Not at Perseus, I am afraid.
    Thanks
    Morten

Quote Originally Posted by MortenJensen View Post
    Hi all
    I would like to hear if anyone knows whether the Greek text of Eusebius Church History has been scanned and is online anywhere.
    Not at Perseus, I am afraid.
    Thanks
    Morten
    I think there are a few other places where its online, but this is a good one stop shop http://patrologia.ct.aegean.gr/PG_Migne/
    Michael Hanel
    PhD candidate Classics Univ. of Cincinnati
    MDiv Concordia Seminary
    MA Classics Washington University
    Unofficial BibleWorks Blog
    LibraryThing!

Default Other spots to check

Michael has pointed you to the best spot to check. I've accumulated a few other links to ways to find stuff in Patrologiae Cursus Completus, Series Graeca at this blog posting.
    Mark G. Vitalis Hoffman
    Professor of Biblical Studies
    Lutheran Theological Seminary at Gettysburg
    ltsg.edu - CrossMarks.com
    Biblical Studies and Technological Tools

Fantastic! Migne online, thanks.

Now, just one thing: are there any ways you can do refined searches in acrobat or are you limited to simple word searches by copying a word in the text and search for that one?

Thanks!

Morten

Note that this is now available for BibleWorks as a free download, as posted on the BibleWorks blog.
    Michael Hanel
    MDiv Concordia Seminary
    LibraryThing!

Default Excellent!

Thanks! Let us know when you get the Praeparatio Evangelica done too!
    Mark G. Vitalis Hoffman
    Professor of Biblical Studies
    Lutheran Theological Seminary at Gettysburg
    ltsg.edu - CrossMarks.com
    Biblical Studies and Technological Tools

Quote Originally Posted by MGVH View Post
    Thanks! Let us know when you get the Praeparatio Evangelica done too!
    My advice is to practice your motivational speeches in French, since the person who contacted me about those other Eusebius works speaks French natively (though his English is quite good).
    Michael Hanel
    MDiv Concordia Seminary
    LibraryThing!

Michael,

Have you made a list anywhere of old modules that we made for earlier versions of BW that have since been incorporated into the BW main package?

The reason I ask, I had a folder with so many modules in it, going to back to the earliest days of that capability, that it was so big I finally deleted it since it can all be obtained on your blog.

Obviously, however, I don't want to put modules in that were created years ago that are now included in BW, such as ECF, as an extremem example.

If you haven't already done so -- and I know you're very busy -- but it wouldn't hurt from time to time, say a couple minutes a day, to go through your blog and put some kind of indicatro that such-and-such has been superseded by includion in BW, or what-have-you. I'd offer to pay you, but...

Quote Originally Posted by Adelphos View Post
    Michael,

Have you made a list anywhere of old modules that we made for earlier versions of BW that have since been incorporated into the BW main package?

The reason I ask, I had a folder with so many modules in it, going to back to the earliest days of that capability, that it was so big I finally deleted it since it can all be obtained on your blog.

Obviously, however, I don't want to put modules in that were created years ago that are now included in BW, such as ECF, as an extremem example.

If you haven't already done so -- and I know you're very busy -- but it wouldn't hurt from time to time, say a couple minutes a day, to go through your blog and put some kind of indicatro that such-and-such has been superseded by includion in BW, or what-have-you. I'd offer to pay you, but...
    As you can tell by some of the latest releases, I don't really have much spare time to do this, but since you see the need, by all means go for it and I can post something

The closest thing to what you want is something Mark Hoffman has been doing, which you can get here. The biggest things that I know of that have been included in BibleWorks are the Apostolic Fathers and Tregelles. There are probably others, but I can't keep track of everything.
    Michael Hanel
    MDiv Concordia Seminary
    LibraryThing!

That's a pretty impressive piece of work, Mark. And I think that will be a good tool to use to determine what's on the blog that doesn't come with BW.

It's a shame that Michael is too lazy to put all that together for us!

Actually, Michael, the blog is an exceptional resource in and of itself. Thanks for maintaining it.