Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chinese CUV

Default Chinese CUV

Thanks so much, BW staff, for adding the Chinese CUV to Bibleworks.

Although not everything is working for the chinese version (e.g. cut and paste, funny characters sometime show up, etc), it is a great add! I know how difficult it is to get the chinese things working.

Thanks so much, BW team!!!

One question: is it possible to add "New Chinese Version" without violating the copyright? Can an user added NCV for personal use? Is that ok? Anybody knows the answer?

Default New Chinese Version

Thanks for the affirmation. We're currently working on getting the New Chinese Version for inclusion in BibleWorks. In the meantime, as with any version, a customer is allowed to add it to his/her copy of BibleWorks using the Version Database Compiler provided he/she obtains copyright clearance.

It's helpful, if one customer has a BibleWorks-formatted version of a text, for him/her to share this fact through the Forums. Subsequent customers wishing to import that text would still need to obtain individual copyright clearance, but they wouldn't have to reaccomplish BibleWorks formatting.

Talking

I would like to voice some encouragement as well! I am also very thankful for the Chinese version inside Bibleworks and I can't wait for the NCV as well!

I am glad to find out that the CUV has been added to Bibleworks. I have downloaded it but how do I install it?

If you downloaded the CUV using the BibleWorks Update installer, then CUV is automatically installed in your copy of BibleWorks, provided that you downloaded the correct patch. CUS and CU5 are for the Vista operating system. CUSX and CU5X are for Windows XP. Once installed you will need to add CUV to your list of versions in the browse window. You can do that a couple ways: 1) by clicking on the arrow next to your browse window search version designation box, and choose CUSX, etc. as your search version, or 2) by clicking on the little Bible-with-a-check-over-it icon, clicking on "Choose Display Versions", clicking either the ChineseB5 or ChineseGB language from the dropdown list, and checking CUSX, etc. Then click "OK." You should see CUV in your browse window.
    Mark Eddy

Is there any way I can change the font size of the Chinese character?

To change the font size of chinese characters follow these instructions.

Default great

oh, i have learnt it now.
    thanks for share.
    cutting plotter vinyl cutter
    laser engraver
    laser cutting machine

in china
    definitely, it's ok

T55 Aami

Default 2011 version of CUV

WIll the latest CUV version 2011 be added? It contains a lot of revisions to translation of the old CUV.