Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Version 8?

Default Scott Ve Tina

Quote Originally Posted by SCSaunders View Post
    You guys do good work, worth every bit of your workman's wages.

When 8 comes, I'll do whatever it takes to get it - sell gallons of blood, auction a vestigial organ on ebay, walk the neighborhood Pit Bulls & Rotwielers, juggle chain saws and butcher knives. Pretty much any bright idea that takes over my thinking, I'll do it.
    I loved the Scott and Tina stuff in the Hebrew!!

Irving Salzman

Quote Originally Posted by ISalzman View Post
    I loved the Scott and Tina stuff in the Hebrew!!

Irving Salzman
    Thank you kind sir!

Its difficult, sometimes, to maintain ones image of urbanity when talking about the benefits of BW7 especially for us newbies. Superlatives bubble over and embarrass one.

But the chainsaw juggling sequence trumps all such superlatives.

The Offer:
    "... sell gallons of blood, auction a vestigial organ on ebay, walk the neighborhood Pit Bulls & Rotwielers, juggle chain saws and butcher knives ...."
    The Terms:
    "... Send me a picture of you juggling chain saws and you'll get a free upgrade ..."
    The Method:
    ... I've located a Training Video and some gloves ...
    ... One simply feels it has been said perfectly --- and how --- with this sequence. More words are not necessary.

The man has earned his free upgrade and then some.

Implore him not to further imperil the fingers which hell need to chart the depths of 8!!!

I would just love to see this somehow, somewhere, incorporated into the release advertising of BW8.
    Last edited by Tom D; 09-29-2007 at 02:46 PM. Reason: Image error - again

Default Suggestions?

Where do we submit suggestions for Version 8 features? How does one get to be a beta tester?

Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by etfjr View Post
    Where do we submit suggestions for Version 8 features? How does one get to be a beta tester?
    Taylor
    To submit suggestions see the sticky thread at the top of the General BibleWorks discussion area, or just go here (submit an idea): How to Get Customer Support/Submit an Idea/Report a Bug
    To become a beta tester, the programmers have to invite you, usually because they know that you are a competent user of the current version of BW, have patience in dealing with programs that don't work right, and can report logically on your findings. But since version 8 doesn't exist yet, it doesn't need beta testers, so submitting suggestions is the way to go now. You might also float your ideas as trial balloons on the forum, to see if other users like your suggestions.
    Mark Eddy

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Eddy View Post
    T You might also float your ideas as trial balloons on the forum, to see if other users like your suggestions.
    Mark Eddy
    I haven't beta tested this yet, but urban legend has it that if you breath in the air of a trial balloon, it makes your voice all high pitched and squeaky for about 30 seconds.

Anybody know, from personal experience, if this true or not?

(*PS. Dear left-brainers: this is a very dumb joke.)

Default However

Quote Originally Posted by bobvenem View Post
    ...as long as they're not lead trial balloons. They don't float so well.
    However the Mythbusters have demonstrated that lead balloons do indeed float.
    http://mythbusters-wiki.discovery.com/page/Lead+Balloon

Good gravy...

I have episodically checked this thread since it started in 2007 for some meat about the release and contents of version 8.... All I am getting is gravy (cold at that)

Alain

Default Slavonic Module?

For what it's worth, I believe it would be beneficial to have a Church Slavonic version included in BW8. Attempts made by Robin Song to add this as a User Created Database failed due to font conflicts with BW7.