Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Version 8?

Default Version 8?

BibleWorks 7 is now on discount. That normally means that a brand new version is just on the horizon. Anyone know about this? Is anyone beta testing?

Any ideas what the next BibleWorks version will include?

Thanks!

Sincerely,
    Dr. Bob Payne
    Berean Baptist Church,
    Belleville, MI

Quote Originally Posted by Gospelizer View Post
    BibleWorks 7 is now on discount. That normally means that a brand new version is just on the horizon. Anyone know about this? Is anyone beta testing?

Any ideas what the next BibleWorks version will include?

Thanks!

Sincerely,
    Dr. Bob Payne
    Berean Baptist Church,
    Belleville, MI
    While there will be a BW8 at some point in time I have heard no rumors or whispers of rumors of any possible thought of a release any time soon (i.e. I know nothing). As far as I know there will be a BW8 at some point in time, but a lot of time is also going into producing user modules. So take this for what it is, a sale to help users upgrade to the best possible product, not some attempt to sucker people into getting a product while another one is just around the corner.
    Michael Hanel
    PhD candidate Classics Univ. of Cincinnati
    MDiv Concordia Seminary
    MA Classics Washington University
    Unofficial BibleWorks Blog
    LibraryThing!

My comment from an earlier thread, which still holds true:

There's been no word about 8 on the boards, and there's no beta being tested right now, to my knowledge. I've was a beta-tester for versions 5, 6 and 7. There's no guarantee that I would be again for 8, so I could be wrong.
    Ben

Default BibleWorks 8

We have just started pulling together materials for a BibleWorks 8 release and going over suggestions that users have made (hundreds of them). Alpha testing will start soon so we can exercise stuff as we add it, but a new release is many months off, at least a year and probably more. We are working on a major new initiative in parallel, something very exciting that I cannot talk about just yet (smile), that will be released at the same, and it will slow development for 8 down a bit. The bottom line is that the sale is just to help people out a bit and help bring in a little money to support our work and it has nothing to do with a future release.
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by MBushell View Post
    ... and help bring in a little money to support our work ...
    You guys do good work, worth every bit of your workman's wages.

When 8 comes, I'll do whatever it takes to get it - sell gallons of blood, auction a vestigial organ on ebay, walk the neighborhood Pit Bulls & Rotwielers, juggle chain saws and butcher knives. Pretty much any bright idea that takes over my thinking, I'll do it.

Send me a picture of you juggling chain saws and you'll get a free upgrade :-)
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by MBushell View Post
    Send me a picture of you juggling chain saws and you'll get a free upgrade :-)
    Mike
    Awesome!

I've located a Training Video and some gloves ...

As long as BW8 doesn't hit the shelves too darn soon, I think I can pull this off (or chop them off).
    Last edited by SCSaunders; 09-23-2007 at 03:31 PM. Reason: letter sequencing issues

Quote Originally Posted by SCSaunders View Post

Last edited by SCSaunders : Today at 04:31 PM. Reason: letter sequencing issues
    LOL! Too funny!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Hanel View Post
    So take this for what it is, a sale to help users upgrade to the best possible product, not some attempt to sucker people into getting a product while another one is just around the corner.
    Actually, I wasn't accusing anybody of anything. Sorry if I sounded like I was. It was just an observation. I have been a loyal customer since 3.0 or 3.5, and have noticed the trend. Just like to have a heads up so I know how to plan my budget!

MBushell, thanks so much for your work on BibleWorks, and for the info. I look forward to purchasing version 8 (as long as I don't have to auction off a kidney!)!

Sincerely,
    Dr. Bob Payne
    Berean Baptist Church,
    Belleville, MI
    http://www.bereanbaptistbelleville.org

BTW, my wife juggles, but I'm not sure that I could get her to do chainsaws!

BP