Thread: Analytical Hebrew and Chaldee Lexicon

Default Analytical Hebrew and Chaldee Lexicon

Is there a BW Add-On for this Lexicon?

Thank you.
    xyvmh [wvy ~vb ~wlv
    www.hebrew4christians.com

There is not. I don't regularly go searching for Hebrew resources, but if my mind serves me correctly this is a public domain book, so if you're lucky you should be able to find a PDF copy of it somewhere on the Internet. Of course that won't give you the kind of integration that an add-on in BibleWorks would give, but it might fit a need.
    Michael Hanel
    PhD candidate Classics Univ. of Cincinnati
    MDiv Concordia Seminary
    MA Classics Washington University
    Unofficial BibleWorks Blog
    LibraryThing!

Default Here it is

Here it is as a 41.3Mb download.
    BTW, I just pulled together all the sites to look for books online on my blog HERE. This one only showed up in Google Books.
    Mark G. Vitalis Hoffman
    Professor of Biblical Studies
    Lutheran Theological Seminary at Gettysburg
    ltsg.edu - CrossMarks.com
    Biblical Studies and Technological Tools

Quote Originally Posted by MGVH View Post
    Here it is as a 41.3Mb download.
    BTW, I just pulled together all the sites to look for books online on my blog HERE. This one only showed up in Google Books.
    Wow! The link to the lexicon was great, but the links on your blog are something that I am sure I will visit often. Thank you.

I suppose it's asking way too much to get somebody to put the lexicon into BW format (uh-hem... Willem... :-). Actually, don't take that as a challenge, Willem, if you're reading this, for it would be a massive work.

And by the way, if you are reading this Willem, I noticed that there is a Swanepoel who is a world class swimmer (used to be a swimmer myself), so I was wondering... any relation?
    Last edited by Adelphos; 11-29-2007 at 08:31 PM.

Default More tools

bobvenem must have posted his just before I posted mine! Great minds...?!!?

Glad the listing of sites to find books online helped.
    I also posted a summary of sites that have Bibliographic and Research Tools. Note that this list simply finds articles and books (without providing access to them), but there are also a couple sites that are very helpful for searching resources related to biblical passages (Scriptural Reference page in Index Theologicus and the Reference Search).
    Mark G. Vitalis Hoffman
    Professor of Biblical Studies
    Lutheran Theological Seminary at Gettysburg
    ltsg.edu - CrossMarks.com
    Biblical Studies and Technological Tools

Default Book Resources

MGVH:

Great compilation of book search engines/resources. I'm wondering though...is there some way to search all of those sites simultaneously instead of one-by-one?

SES

Smile

YES!! VERY USEFUL!!!!! Thank You VERY MUCH, Mark!!!

GSalinas

Default general help question

Can someone tell me if this BibleWorks is from the old Hermeneutica software from years ago? I want to make sure I'm getting the updated copy, and not something new. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by John John View Post
    Can someone tell me if this BibleWorks is from the old Hermeneutica software from years ago? I want to make sure I'm getting the updated copy, and not something new. Thanks!
    Yes. From their website:
    Company Vision
    The purpose of BibleWorks, LLC is to provide pastors, teachers, students, and missionaries with the tools they need to "rightly divide the word of truth" (2 Timothy 2:15). There are other companies that exist to do this as well, but BibleWorks comes to this task with some unique differences in approach and philosophy: We exist to serve the church, not to make a profit, and all of our business decisions are made with that in mind. Our goal is to provide a complete package containing the tools most essential for the task of interpreting the Scriptures in the original Greek and Hebrew, and to do it at a price that poor pastors and students can afford. To accomplish this task we routinely make marketing and sales decisions that many would consider to be bad business but which serve our primary goals. On the other hand, because everything that we do reflects on our real employer, the Lord Jesus Christ, it is our desire to provide a professionally executed and supported software package, while at the same time compensating employees with reasonable salaries that are competitive with the rest of the software industry. We try to treat both our customers and our employees as we would like to be treated ourselves. We are thankful that the Lord has blessed our efforts thus far and look to the future with expectations of further blessing, for as long as the Lord desires.
    Our History
    BibleWorks began in 1992. For its first ten years, BibleWorks, LLC performed only software development of the BibleWorks package, with production and distribution handled by Hermeneutika, of Big Fork, Montana. To centralize its operations, in July 2002 BibleWorks, LLC assumed all functions formerly performed by Hermeneutika, consolidating these functions into its office in Norfolk, Virginia.
    Michael Hanel
    PhD candidate Classics Univ. of Cincinnati
    MDiv Concordia Seminary
    MA Classics Washington University
    Unofficial BibleWorks Blog
    LibraryThing!