Thread: BW7 Training Videos are Excellent

Hybrid View

Thumbs up BW7 Training Videos are Excellent

I've been working my way through the BW7 tutorial videos. I decided a short while back that I want to get everything I can from this program.

I agree with the following statement ...
    BibleWorks has offered, for several versions, tutorial videos that demonstrate how to make use of the program. The videos in BibleWorks 7 are better yet, for they have been created from a "task-oriented" point of view, that is, how can I use BibleWorks to make my Bible study better?
    ... found at the What is the Best way to Learn Bible Works? thread. These have been well worth the time invested.

There's been one interesting side note though, dealing with the "Broca" Region of my brain, that which is involved with phonetic processing. Now when I read the On Line Help text notes, I hear them in the voice of the tutorial videos. It's all good.

I highly recommend these videos to anyone wanting to get the absolute most of this wonderful program.

Chow

Default The VOICE won't go away!

I hear EVERYTHING in the BibleWorks voice. Absolutely everything! I read Treasure Island to my kids, and Long John Silver was in the BibleWorks voice!

But, then, I produced the videos. :->

Seriously, thank you for the feedback. We hoped that the Study Guides would be a useful tool for users to get to know the program better than they have ever known it.

The videos are only a start, though. There are still significant gaps in what can be done with the program that are not mentioned in the Study Guides. (For example, there is little mention of the Graphical Search Engine in the Study Guides. The GSE is one of the most powerful tools in the program, but gets little attention.)

Maybe next time we can hire James Earl Jones to do the videos. :-)

Blessings,
    Glenn

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn Weaver View Post
    IBut, then, I produced the videos. :->
    Good to know! I always wondered which of the BW staff did these. I don't think James Earl Jones could replace you at this point. You are the voice of the tutorials.

I'm doing a few each day. Covered a few more this morning. I will systematically work my way through all of them. Whatever I cover on any given morning, I find a way to use it during the same day in my studies.

I definitely will not neglect consulting the On Line Help guide. I will give it a careful careful read when I get to the GSE.

I'm a big fan of Elliott Johnson's hermenuetical approach, so I've been categorizing which modules and tools work for each of his four stages.

(click on picture)

I can't thank you guys enough for these well thought-out tools and modules. They help me use this well thought-out program.
    Last edited by SCSaunders; 08-21-2007 at 10:26 AM. Reason: schpellinchk

Default Videos

Hi, I'm completely new to BibleWorks. I purchased version 7 because it read like something I had to have. The CD #3 which has the training videos on it wouldn't install. It kept saying a "transfer error" so I had to opt to pass it in order to install everything else.

1. Can you tell me how to fix the error?
    2. Can I install the video cd without uninstalling and reinstalling the whole program?

- mitc - aka jmloy

Thumbs up I Agree

As a new BW user, and stirred on by SC's comments, I can say that, against my lifelong inclination (Never read a manual except in dire necessity! NEVER, NEVER, watch a training video as long as you are a free man!!) I, also have begun to work my way through the videos.

And I agree wholeheartedly with SC's comments. The videos are - like this awesome program - a great benefit. After just a couple of weeks of usage, BW7 is quite transforming - for the better - my studies in the Word of God. And as I get into the videos, I realize that the half is not yet told.

Great contribution to the history of Scripture study and appreciation, BW.

In His Service,
    Tom D.

Default Installation issue

Hi jmloy,

Please contact our service dept. for help with the installation issue that you have. They should be able to get you going in no time!

Check the BibleWorks Customer Support webpage for various support options: http://www.bibleworks.com/support.html

Blessings,
    Glenn

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn Weaver View Post
    Hi jmloy,

Please contact our service dept. for help with the installation issue that you have. They should be able to get you going in no time!

Check the BibleWorks Customer Support webpage for various support options: http://www.bibleworks.com/support.html

Blessings,
    Glenn
    The Customer support helped me for the exact same thing, only for my problem it was install disk #2.

Part of what they did was point me to this post in the FAQs Here. Worked fantastic!

Quote Originally Posted by Tom D View Post
    ... (Never read a manual except in dire necessity! NEVER, NEVER, watch a training video as long as you are a free man!!) ...

In His Service,
    Tom D.
    Hilarious!