NEW! Coptic NT Versions
J. Warren Wells of Sahidica.org has graciously permitted BibleWorks users to use his suite of New Testament Coptic texts. Three new versions are available:
Here's a screen shot that shows the Greek text reconstructed from the Sahidic Coptic version compared against the BGT. It also shows the Bohairic and Sahidic texts in parallel:
- Sahidic Coptic New Testament (SANT)
- Bohairic Coptic New Testament (BONT)
- New Testament according to the Egyptian Greek (NTEG)
- The two Coptic (SANT, BONT) databases do not use a standard BibleWorks font. Instead, you must install the Uncial Sans Serif font (UncialSS.ttf) into your c:\windows\fonts directory.
- Command line searches will work in the Coptic texts, but the command line will not display characters correctly.
- The Coptic texts have been defined as "English" texts. Unfortunately the VDC would not allow them to be compiled as "other," and it does not give a "Coptic" option. [This probably explains the previously mentioned problem with the command line.]
- The NTEG has been compiled for use with standard BibleWorks Greek fonts. This facilitates the comparison of the reconstructed Egyptian texts against other BW Greek texts.
- The compiler of these BibleWorks files does not know Coptic (yet), so those who do have facility with the language are welcome to make suggestions.
- To install:
- Unzip the coptic.zip file into your C:\program files\bibleworks 7\userdb folder.
- Install the UncialSS.ttf font in your fonts folder (see above).
- Copy the .bww files in the unzipped "coptic" folder to your \bibleworks 7\databases file.
- Use the Version Database Compiler to compile the various texts. (The three .ddf files are each contained in their own folder, e.g. \coptic\sahidic_nt\sant.ddf, etc.)
Many thanks to J. Warren Wells for letting BibleWorks users explore his texts of the Coptic NT.
See also Plumley's Introductory Coptic Grammar for BibleWorks!
Last edited by jdarlack; 08-09-2007 at 01:30 PM.