Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Linking to Logos-Liddell-Scott-Jones

Jim, thanks!
    Now that one works as well! If I have some succes on general searches or something else in this matter, I will make sure to report it in this thread.
    Thanks a lot!
    Morten

Well, he, I am already back again.
    Now, I just tried - for the fun of it - if I could call up a certain verse in eg IVP BibelBackground Commentary.

First I tried to tweak the already typed in Logos - KJV, the one with Verse Reference + Bible Verse and the code:

libronixdls:keylink|ref=[en]bible:<Book>%20<Chapter>%3A<Verse>|res=LLS:KJV

When I copy the resource place in libronix, I get this one:
    libronixdls:jump|pos=LLS-AOL%3A237%3C40.51%3E.393.0|ref=bible.61.11.24|res= LLS%3A29.3.4

So, I tried different endings built on the Logos KJV line:

1:
    libronixdls:keylink|ref=[en]bible:<Book>%20<Chapter>%3A<Verse>|res=LLS:3A29.3. 4
    2:
    ...|res=LLS%3A29.3.4
    3:
    ...|res=LLS:29.3.4

But it will only call up IVPBBC - and not the actual paragraf.

I also tried to use your line:

libronixdls:macro|name=TextKeyLink|text=<dummy>|la ng=el|scheme=beta|res=LLS:29.3.4

But no luck there either.

Well, just if anyone sees an easy solution here.

Finally, one more question: when I look in my BW exter. link m., there are many preentered entries - but not many of them show up when I right click - even though I hovering over the right kind of text (like Greek). Why is that? Does BW knows, eg, that I do not have Logos SESB installed?

Thanks
    Morten

Default Another linking suggestion

First, check your line again. You have:
    libronixdls:macro|name=TextKeyLink|text=<dummy>|la _ng=el|scheme=beta|res=LLS:29.3.4
    Note that space between the a and n of "lang."

Second, you can get at some things by making "Collections" and running a search. That is, in Logos, Tools > Define Collections. Then, give a name (preferably with no spaces) and add books to that collection.
    Now, in BW7, you can run a search on that collection.
    Below is from my ShellExec showing that I defined a bunch of books as "BibleDictionaries" (e.g., it includes a few dictionaries and encyclopedias)
    Note that instead of "res=" you use "collection-name="
    Running it initiates Logos and pops up the search dialog with the word and the collection all set. Just hit the Search and it returns the results.
    [EDIT: note that if you try to copy/paste the File= line below, you will probably get extra spaces. Be sure to remove any such spaces that get added in.]

[Search in Logos Dictionaries]
    Operation = Open
    Directory = NULL
    File = libronixdls:dialog|name=SearchBasic|search=<dummy> |collection-name=BibleDictionaries
    Parameters = NULL
    MenuLocation = Browse Window English
    TextType = Latin Text
    MapToVersion = RSV
    Lookup = Form
    MenuText = Search in Logos Dictionaries
    Enabled = 1

Last edited by MGVH; 09-07-2007 at 05:06 PM.
    Mark G. Vitalis Hoffman
    Professor of Biblical Studies
    Lutheran Theological Seminary at Gettysburg
    ltsg.edu - CrossMarks.com
    Biblical Studies and Technological Tools

Hi
    Here is some new info, thanks

First, the blank line is not in BW - I guess it comes from Word's hyphenation.
    The line goes:
    libronixdls:macro|name=TextKeyLink|text=<dummy>|la ng=el|scheme=beta|res=LLS:29.3.4
    Right now it will only call up the last given location in IVPBBNT.

Then I tried to insert the following in the ShellExec.txt

// External Link #27
    //
    [Search in 1 - Logos Kommentarer]
    Operation = Open
    Directory = NULL
    File = libronixdls:dialog|name=SearchBasic|search=<dummy> |collection-name=kommentarer
    Parameters = NULL
    TextType = Latin Text
    MapToVersion = RSV
    Lookup = Form
    MenuText = Search in 1 Logos kommentarer
    Enabled = 1
    //

And THAT one actually works!
    Well, sort of - for the moment I saved the file in notepad, it got all messed up. I have attached it. All the line shifts went down the drain. Luckyli, I saved the original in a different location.

Right now, only the 1 Logos kommentarer shows up in BW - all the rest are gone.

Can anyone tell what is going on here? Do I need to manually insert blank lines the very first time I open it in notepad?

So, to sum up:
    - the search-more-than-one-book-in-logos-facility has now been provided. Just great - and it works.
    - the look-up-this-verse in IVPBBNT-facility won't quite work.
    - my shell.txt is all messed up...

But I call it progress all in all!
    Morten
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Shell-problems

Hi again

Just saw I uploaded the wrong shell - please take a look at the attached file. That is what happens with my shell as soon as I try to save it with some additions.

I don't know if it is BW-related or something on my pc.

Does anyone have an idea?

Morten
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default ShellExec.txt problems

I think I have experienced exactly the same problems as you.
    Using NotePad to edit the ShellExec.txt file should preserve it just as you edit it, but as your attached text shows, all the line breaks have been stripped out. It happened to me too, and I don't know why (could have to do with soft/hard line breaks), but I ended up having to copy all the text into MSWord, then run a bunch of find/replace to insert hard line breaks, then saving as txt file.

What I do now:
    • Make a backup copy of my ShellExec before doing anything. (always a good idea)
    • Do my editing within in BW7 using the Edit External Links tool.
    Mark G. Vitalis Hoffman
    Professor of Biblical Studies
    Lutheran Theological Seminary at Gettysburg
    ltsg.edu - CrossMarks.com
    Biblical Studies and Technological Tools

Default get textpad

I've been using TextPad to do all my editing of BibleWorks files. It's a fantastic program. It does not handle Unicode, but it is able to perform fast and complex find and replace operations.

You can use it as a free trial, but it's worth paying the company a bit of money if you use it.

Jim Darlack - Associate Director of Goddard Library /
    Reference Librarian at Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary

Gloucester Assembly of God | Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary
    The 'Unofficial' BibleWorks Blog | Old in the New | Facebook | LibraryThing

Thanks for the reference to TextPad, Jim. I did the trick for me.

Just to end this thread for now, please let me refer again to the search facility someone came up with that will let you search your libronix collection from within BW - it is so convenient.

With the code below, you simply just define a collection in libronix, right click a word in BW, and the search box will pop in libronix.

I real life, only one thing could possibly top this, namely, if the BW-guys come up with a way of having the libronix books shown in the Res.Summary - but I guess that is a next life wish...

Morten

// External Link #27
    //
    [Search in 1 - Logos Kommentarer]
    Operation = Open
    Directory = NULL
    File = libronixdls:dialog|name=SearchBasic|search=<dummy> |collection-name=kommentarer
    Parameters = NULL
    TextType = Latin Text
    MapToVersion = RSV
    Lookup = Form
    MenuText = Search in 1 Logos kommentarer
    Enabled = 1