Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Updated Keil and Delitzsch and Calvin Commentaries

As I have used Keil and Delitzsch OT commentary in BW I noticed that the biblical references are hyperlinked to the English verse numbers instead of to the Hebrew numbering. How can this be changed?
    Can only the original producer of html files edit them, or can we users make corrections when we see the need? If so, how? I thought that I might make changes using WordPad, but it looks mostly like gibberish, and after closing the file BW crashed. So I deleted the K-D files and will re-install the files as downloaded. I know how to change the version which hyperlinks display in popup windows for the lexicons, but not for the Help files such as K-D.
    Thanks for any help you can provide.
    Mark Eddy

Hi Mark,

Changing the hyperlink numbering is done within the javascript file that is compiled within the CHM file. Therefore, there is no setting external to the file that can be changed once it is compiled. In order to change this setting it is necessary to make the change in the javascript file, then recompile the CHM file.

Here is the change that should be made: in the bwjs.js file the string "KJV KJV RSV" (which occurs a few times) should be changed to "WTT BNT BGT". I say this for the original compiler's benefit, since as it is not my file I do not feel comfortable making the corrections and recompiling the file.

Blessings,
    Glenn

Post Keil and Delitzsch - Hebrew References

Hi Mark, Glen,

I will look into the possibility of making the suggested change.

Warm regards,
    Willem Swanepoel

While I’m looking at ways to tweek the Keil-Delitzsch module for BibleWorks, I noticed that Hebrew quotations of more than one word in length appear to have the word order reversed. E.g. in Exodus 3:1 היהרעה should be רעההיה and אחרהמּדבּר should be המּדבּראחר. The funny thing is that when I pasted the Hebrew quotations into a MS Word document they displayed in the proper order, but within BibleWorks Help the order is backward. Is html Help not capable of displaying Hebrew right-to-left?
    In Exodus 3:11-12 I noticed that circumflex accents do not display correctly in the K-D module in BW: λατρεύειν τῷ Θεῷ. But again from within MS Word the accents do display (only shifted to the right). In BW they display as empty rectangles above the vowels. Is this another weakness in html Help files, or can this be fixed, e.g. by changing to a different Greek font?
    Mark Eddy

Post Hebrew in Keil and Delitzsch

Hi Mark,
    I will need to investigate the display of Hebrew in HTML Help. Unfortunately I do not know Hebrew, so I would not even have noticed the problem.

I'll have a look into the matter and I will come back to you.

Warm regards,
    Willem Swanepoel

Post Update - Hebreq in K&D

Hi Mark,
    I indeed now also see the problem. Individual words are correct, but when there is a few words next to each other, their order is reversed.

I checked my HTML files and there the order is correct. It seems that the HTML compiler switches the order. Perhaps Glenn can advise me on this one?

Regards,
    Willem Swanepoel

Question HTML/Hebrew Problem

Hi Mark,
    I have done further investigation and I find the following:

1. When I open my HTML files in MS Word, the Hebrew word order is correct.
    2. When I open the HTML file in Internet Explorer the word order is reversed.
    This is rather strange and I do not know how to resolve the problem. I have sent an e-mail to Microsoft to see if they have any ideas.

Kind regards,
    Willem Swanepoel

Post Hebrew in Calvin

Hi Mark,
    I did a few spot checks in Calvin's Commentaries (which I also developed) and the problem does not seem to occur there. I will wait for Microsoft to come back to me before I attempt anything.

If they cannot help me, I will try to resolve it myself, but that may take some effort.

Regards,
    Willem

Quote Originally Posted by Willem Swanepoel View Post
    Unfortunately I do not know Hebrew, so I would not even have noticed the problem.
    Willem, even if this can't get fixed, the commentary is a huge boon to my studies. Thanks for all your hard work.

Smile Question

Great job on the commentary.

My question is to "SCSaunders"

Where does this text come from and what does it say?

`T.a'( ha,r>m;-tp;y> hV'ai yKi yTi[.d:y" an"-hNEhi ATv.ai hn"yji-la, jwOqs rm,aYO"w

i
    Is there a Tina in the Bible?
    The text reminds me of a certain patriarch and his wife.

I like your creative website.
    a;koue( VIsrah,l( ku,rioj o` qeo.j h`mw/n ku,rioj ei-j evstin( kai. avgaph,seij ku,rion to.n qeo,n sou evx o[lhj th/j kardi,aj sou kai. evx o[lhj th/j yuch/j sou kai. evx o[lhj th/j dianoi,aj sou kai. evx o[lhj th/j ivscu,oj sou

עשׁה שׁלום במרומיו הוא יעשׂה שׁלום עלינו ועל כל ישׂראל ואמרו אמן׃

"Will you rise like a lion in the morning sun or will you just lay there bleeding? When the time has come, return to the Kingdom, close my eyes and be screaming freedom!" - Matisyahu