Thread: Maltese Bible

Default Maltese Bible

Hi! I am trying to compile an edition of a Maltese Bible Translation using the "version database compiler" in BibleWorks 7 but am experiencing difficulties and was wondering if you could help me out. Maltese characters are basically English characters with the addition of " Ġ ġ Ħ ħ Ċ ċ GĦ għ Ż ż " Th Maltese keyboard is available in windows Xp. In the "version database compiler" however when I try to enter the Locale as Maltese_Malta.0 and try to compile it a pop up window comes up saying that the specified locale string is invalid. I have tried various settings but still cannot type the Maltese characters except when using the edit button and type in the editor there but when displayed the special characters show as a question mark.
    If any one can help me I would appreciate it as I can endeavor to compile the much needed Maltese Bible to Maltese users.
    Thank you and God bless!

If the Maltese keyboard uses a unicode font, BW7 will not be able to compile it (yet). If the extra Maltese characters are in the font map of a standard truetype font (such as TimesNewRoman), then it should compile. But I don't know if using a keyboard that is not already used in BW7 will create your text file in the proper way. You may need to check with tech support about this.
    Mark Eddy

Default Maltese Fonts

The keyboard I use has an American layout but I can still type Maltese characters in Word or Wordpad as long as I choose the Maltese 48-key as the input language. Below are the US characters and the equivalent Maltese characters.

` = ċ
    ~ = Ċ
    [ = ġ
    { = Ġ
    ] = ħ
    } = Ħ
    \ = ż
    | = Ż

The above I have typed here using the Verdana font. In BW7 when I input the Maltese layout as the input language I get ordinary English alphabet characters without the dots on top of them or the cut H (Ħ). Hope someone can help me out .

God bless!

Exclamation Contact BW!

Quote Originally Posted by Evangelion View Post
    Hi! I am trying to compile an edition of a Maltese Bible Translation using the "version database compiler" in BibleWorks 7 but am experiencing difficulties and was wondering if you could help me out. . . . If any one can help me I would appreciate it as I can endeavor to compile the much needed Maltese Bible to Maltese users.
    Contact BibleWorks directly about this. If the publishers have given permission for this version to be used, BW might be able to hardwire it and put it in a version update. (No promises though.)
    Jim Darlack - Reference Librarian at Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary
    Gloucester Assembly of God | Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary
    The 'Unofficial' BibleWorks Blog | Old in the New | Facebook | LibraryThing