To everyone who find it useful:
Converting the Online Bible version of the commentaries to BibleWorks is a huge task. There are several problems to overcome in the conversion:
What makes the effort worthwhile for me is to see that the BibleWorks user-community out there finds the result useful and appreciates my efforts.
- The source is not in HTML and needs to be converted.
- Extracting from Online Bible is not a simple task. It essentially has to be done one chapter at a time.
- The are many errors in the various versions which are available. These errors range from incorrect footnotes to left out portions of the commentary. These need to be corrected as they are spotted. Often, I have to revert back to my printed version to correct such errors.
- Scripture references for BibleWorks work differently to those in Online Bible and need to be converted. This means that one has to actually page through the entire commentary!
- Just converting the existing to HTML would not give it the look and feel that you see in the final product. I do a lot of touching up particularly in the way footnotes are displayed to make things look pretty.
I have already started the conversion of the New Testament commentaries by John Calvin and will make those available as soon as they are done. It will be incorporated with the current Old Testament commentaries.
Soli Deo Gloria,