Thread: Seeking A Book

Default Seeking A Book

I have vols 1, 3, 4 of John Joseph Owens' Analytical Key To The Old Testament as published by Baker Books.

I would like to complete the set by acquiring vol 2, so if anyone has this volume and would like to sell it, please contact me. It must be like new, or close to it.

This is the edition where the cover is dark brown/burgandy, about 2 1/2 - 3 inches thick, and about 10" long by 7" wide.

Contact me by email by clicking on my weblink below.
    Last edited by Adelphos; 06-06-2007 at 10:11 PM.

Default Use Search Engines

There are several good Internet Search engines for finding a book you need... But the Best is www.bookfinder.com That's your best bet because you know that Scholars and Pastors are best to borrow a book and not return it rather then sell you one of their percious ones...

Quote Originally Posted by Scribe Thoth View Post
    There are several good Internet Search engines for finding a book you need... But the Best is www.bookfinder.com That's your best bet because you know that Scholars and Pastors are best to borrow a book and not return it rather then sell you one of their percious ones...
    That's a good book search engine, but for some reason Vol 2 of this set is outrageously priced. You can buy Vols 1, 3, 4 for about $40 US, but Vol 2 is enigmatically priced into the hundreds of dollars. Why, I don't know, nor am I willing to pay that kind of money to find out.

Default It is usally the last in the set...

It is usually the last book in a set that is hard to find because some sets are a long time in their completion and loose interest so that the publisher doesn't print the last volume in mass quintiles... Case in point is my TWNT in German... it is very hard to find the last letters of the Greek Alphabet because when the author died mid completion & the publisher was hard pressed to complete the project (All things I'm sure you know) However when there is a hard volume mid set it usually means that volume 2 was either retracted by the publisher or there is some rare error that is very collectable about that volume. Case in point is TOME 52 of Migne (now luckily on DVDs) Although impossible I wish at least some of those Tomes were worked into Bible Works... If you just want the information then Logos has the set at www.christianbook.com for 150 on CD Rom… Other than that it is all in Gods Timing…

Case in point is TOME 52 of Migne (now luckily on DVDs) Although impossible I wish at least some of those Tomes were worked into Bible Works... If you just want the information then Logos has the set at www.christianbook.com for 150 on CD Rom… Other than that it is all in Gods Timing…
    Are you saying that Logos is offering via www.christianbook.com Migne's works on DVD? If so, I couldn't find it. Or did you mean Logos was offering it at their own site?
    Last edited by Adelphos; 06-27-2007 at 05:32 AM.

Default Migne

Logos doesn't have Migne... The Copy of Migne that I have was purchased from http://rosetta.reltech.org/reltech/PG/info.html and cost about $400... the Actual set is almost priceless and can only be obtained for reading in its complete TOMES in Oxford and a few select Institutions. A German Publisher reprinted the TOMES about 10 years ago at $40 per volume and after purchasing these volumes I donated them to my Seminary in exchange for a digital copy for my research. The Logos Software company has a Digital copy of the Analytical Hebrew Work you like for $150 or at least did a couple of weeks ago. The reason why Volume 2 is so expensive is due to the fact that it contains Joshua-Chronicles and knowing most scholars the reason why it was so much is that those are not the most interesting books of the Bible, albeit those are the books of the Bible that the Whole vowel shift theory of Biblical Hebrew comes from in the main, and Bibleworks has a better Concordance as I can deduce from looking at the pages of the books.

The Logos Software company has a Digital copy of the Analytical Hebrew Work you like for $150 or at least did a couple of weeks ago. The reason why Volume 2 is so expensive is due to the fact that it contains Joshua-Chronicles and knowing most scholars the reason why it was so much is that those are not the most interesting books of the Bible, albeit those are the books of the Bible that the Whole vowel shift theory of Biblical Hebrew comes from in the main, and Bibleworks has a better Concordance as I can deduce from looking at the pages of the books.
    Yes, I agree that the BW concordance is far better, faster, and so forth, but I have three of the four volumes, i.e., an incomplete set, and I don't like to have incomplete sets, but I'm not willing to pay any of the prices I've seen so far just for volume 2, and even though Logos offers it in electronic format, I couldn't care less about having it in electronic format. I just want to complete the set for my library.

And here's another one:

http://www.fetchbook.info/

Quote Originally Posted by David Kummerow View Post
    And here's another one:

http://www.fetchbook.info/
    Unbelievable. This one actually has realistic, good prices. Thanks a bunch.

That's OK. Glad if you can obtain what you were after.

That particular search engine has helped me get things I thought were going to be impossible. Sometimes I've had to wait a little. Like when I was chasing a copy of The World Atlas of Language Structures -- no way I was going to pay the RRP of $595USD! Was able to finally get a copy for $190 including shipping to Australia (the volume is very heavy).