Thread: iTunes learning (including entire Greek course)

Default iTunes learning (including entire Greek course)

iTunes has just made it easier to use a whole bunch of mp3's from my alma mater seminary (Concordia Seminary) which may be of interest to users here.

there are two ways to navigate to it
    1. Open up iTunes and load the iTunes Store.
    2. Once store is loaded you should see a link within the iTunes store called "iTunes U" (it's right under iTunes Latino)
    3. Open up Concordia Seminary (under Universities which are in alphabetical order)

-OR-

Use the link found on this page to launch iTunes U.

There you wiill find some great things like an entire Elementary Greek course taught by James Voelz (author of a Greek grammar among other things), Lectionary at Lunch (weekly readings of the Hebrew and Greek text appointed for the Sunday), an entire course on Exodus and Torah, Day of Homiletical Reflection which includes two lectures by Leonard Sweet, etc.

To my knowledge no other Seminary yet has tapped into the power of iTunes and provided as many free offerings as Concordia. Hopefully others will be led by their example because this is a huge repository and more things are promised.

So next time you hear of someone looking for a Greek course, perhaps this might be a place they can run through one for free!
    Michael Hanel
    PhD candidate Classics Univ. of Cincinnati
    MDiv Concordia Seminary
    MA Classics Washington University
    Unofficial BibleWorks Blog
    LibraryThing!

Wow!

Thanks Michael. Downloaded iTunes. Listening to Dr. Andrew Bartlett's Hebrew Readings_Session 01 right now.

Thanks for the tip.

Great offering.

Every now and then, for brief ecstatic moments, usually when I find or discover something really cool, I wish days were longer than 24 hours.

I'll definitely be checking out some of the other jewels there.

Quote Originally Posted by SCSaunders View Post
    Wow!

Thanks Michael. Downloaded iTunes. Listening to Dr. Andrew Bartlett's Hebrew Readings_Session 01 right now.

Thanks for the tip.

Great offering.

Every now and then, for brief ecstatic moments, usually when I find or discover something really cool, I wish days were longer than 24 hours.

I'll definitely be checking out some of the other jewels there.
    Glad it is helpful. It also made me wish I had a larger hard-drive!
    Michael Hanel
    PhD candidate Classics Univ. of Cincinnati
    MDiv Concordia Seminary
    MA Classics Washington University
    Unofficial BibleWorks Blog
    LibraryThing!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Hanel View Post
    It also made me wish I had a larger hard-drive!
    I hear ya!

"Dear Heavenly Father, Please accept this five-little-loaves-and-two-small-fish size of a hard drive. In faith, I know you can multiply it to a terabyte or two with twelve stuft baskets left over. Amen."
    Last edited by SCSaunders; 05-31-2007 at 08:35 AM. Reason: "to"