Thread: how to create modifed wtt and wtm versions ?

Default how to create modifed wtt and wtm versions ?

Hi, this question is probably easy, but I'm a bit lost.

As I'm going to study a lot the OT for my doctoral thesis, I will have to go through text criticism, with the critical apparatus of the BHS. Now, in Bibleworks with databases WTT and WTM, I only get the text of the BHS ; how could I create new databases that would not present the official BHS text, but my modified text after text criticism ?

I know that it's possible to "export" a database, then to modify it, then to compile again... But there are so many options I'm a bit lost. Which format should I choose for export ? (BBW, CCAT, RTF...?) Should it be a text-only file or is RTF possible ? Is it possible to modify the text in "hebrew font" mode, or should I learn the encoding and modify the text like in Ascii mode (which looks awfully like "reading the Matrix" !)

PS : I'm using Bibleworks 8

Thanks for your help and advices !
    Erwansj.

Hi Erwansj,

Probably the easiest thing would be for you to contact me directly. My email is gweaver at [yourfavoritebiblesoftware].com.

Blessings,
    Glenn
    Glenn Weaver

For technical support, please contact Customer Support.

Hi!

I have the same question as Erwansj. Should I email you too, Glenn?

The problem I'm running into is that BW exports the WTM in the code behind the Bwhebb font, but then when you turn around and try to compile the WTM, BW wants it in the Michigan encoding scheme instead. Where can I get a .txt file that is ready to be compiled as wtm, in good Michigan encoding? If I had that I could just modify it however I like and then compile it.

Grace and peace,

Benjamin Elliff