Thread: Help with Report Generator

Default Help with Report Generator

I was not sure which forum to post this; anyway, here goes...

I have BW7 with 18x update. I'm attempting to use Report Generator. All seems well enough when I click 'Build Report', but nothing happens.

Can someone help? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by DeMody View Post
    I'm attempting to use Report Generator. All seems well enough when I click 'Build Report', but nothing happens.
    Without more specific information, I'm not entirely sure what's happening with the Report Generator on your machine. But I do know that this feature can take quite a while to compile its reports (lots of data being assimilated), and what can look like a computer hang is sometimes really just the CPU crunching its way through all that data - especially if you are building a report for a large range of verses. Lexical data has to be collected for each word in each verse, so it can take a while.

This can especially be true on older machines, or machines with smaller amounts of RAM.

If in fact this is your problem (it may well not be - you may have a malfunction!) - then here's a few tips to speed things up:

- shorten the verse range
    - Don't include too many versions in the 'include Biblical Texts for these Versions" box;
    -Don't include too many versions in the 'Analyze these Greek/Hebrew Text Versions" box;
    -Check the "Display Briefer TWOT Entries" box when building reports on Hebrew texts.

Running a report on a single verse (Isa 7:14), with the above suggestions utilized, rendered a report fairly quickly - but it included more than 1100 words and over 100,000 characters. So, each additional verse and version used for the reporting adds tons of additional data.

Hope that helps some - otherwise, it may be a technical bug problem...
    Last edited by Steve Watkins; 05-08-2007 at 12:25 AM.
    Steve Watkins
    First Baptist Church, San Lorenzo Valley
    www.slvbaptist.org

Thanks for the suggestions. I will shorten my range and exclude multiple translations. My computer runs an AMD 754 mobile chip (Turion ML- something) and I know it has enough power to crunch through.

I'll report back my findings. Once the report is generated, where do I go to find it?

. Once the report is generated, where do I go to find it?

It should pop up in a seperate Editor window
    Steve Watkins
    www.slvbaptist.org

Thanks for your help. Unfortunately, there is no pop up window. And something new has happened, BW7 crashes and asks me to revert back to an earlier version. I am going to uninstall BW and reinstall and hope this fixes this issue. I'll try to update my results.

Thanks for your help. Unfortunately, there is no pop up window. And something new has happened, BW7 crashes and asks me to revert back to an earlier version. I am going to uninstall BW and reinstall and hope this fixes this issue. I'll try to update my results.

Yeah, sounds like a bug of some kind. Hope reinstalling works it out!
    Steve Watkins
    www.slvbaptist.org