Thread: How to install Calvin's Institutes to BW6

Default How to install Calvin's Institutes to BW6

Hi,

I've been able to install some of the user-created databases using the compiler in BW6. However, on some of the more recent ones like the Keil-Delitzsch or the Calvin's Institutes databases, they use the .chm format. I understand that BW7 can use this format but how would I use it in BW6? In other words, do I need to convert it to text and create DDF file? If so, how would I go about doing that. Thanks,

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by danlkim View Post
    Hi,

I've been able to install some of the user-created databases using the compiler in BW6. However, on some of the more recent ones like the Keil-Delitzsch or the Calvin's Institutes databases, they use the .chm format. I understand that BW7 can use this format but how would I use it in BW6? In other words, do I need to convert it to text and create DDF file? If so, how would I go about doing that. Thanks,

Dan
    There is a difference between version databases and custom user modules. The databases can be used in any BibleWorks version via the Version Database Compiler. On the other hand, custom user modules can be used independently because they are HTML Help files, but they will not integrate into any other BibleWorks version besides 7.

If you did you wanted to somehow convert the text of a user module you would have to make the text into a book format where each "verse" has its own line in the style of

Gen 1:1 In the beginning...
    Gen 1:2 more text
    Gen 1:3 etc.

It would be a lot of work to convert them. Upgrading would definitely be a better option in the big picture.
    Last edited by Michael Hanel; 04-14-2007 at 03:59 PM. Reason: clarification
    Michael Hanel
    PhD candidate Classics Univ. of Cincinnati
    MDiv Concordia Seminary
    MA Classics Washington University
    Unofficial BibleWorks Blog
    LibraryThing!

thank you Michael for that clarification. I assumed that it would be the case but I wanted to make sure.