Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: BW 7.0: Chinese, Korean and Arabic Downloads

Default Why "Right to Left" needed for Chinese?

Hello, Mr. Bushnell,

Why is "Right to Left" needed for the Chinese version? "Thai" is listed in the "Right to Left" languages, but not other Asian languages such as "Chinese".

In my experience, on one PC with both "Right to Left" and "Asian Languages" turned on, the Chinese version works. On another PC with only "Asian Languages" turned on, the downloaded Chinese version does not appear in Bibleworks (although Chinese works fine in other programs). Is it because Bibleworks requires the "Right to Left" switch to be on for Chinese to work?

Another matter, in Help notes 18b, the term was typed wrong as "2. Left to Right and Far Eastern Languages Support".

John Chan

Default I can't find teh arabic among the other languages

Hi im sorry i'm kind of a newbie at BW7 and i cant find where the arabic is or how to diaplay it. iupdated BW7 to have the arabic and i have the East language support but i cant flocate where the Van dyke version of the bible is. can you please help....

In order to get the Arabic version, you need to download it. In BW7 click on "Help" then click on "BibleWorks on the Internet" then "Check for Updates." You'll see a list of all the updates that you have not yet downloaded. Scroll down until you see "Van Dyke Arabic Bible." Be sure you check the correct version (there are different files for Window XP and for Vista). You will also need the latest "rev1_exe_release ..." file and the "rev1_fonts_ ..." updates. After checking these updates, click "Apply selected updates" and let BW download the files. After the files are downloaded you will be prompted to restart BibleWorks. After you restart BW you should find either AVX or AVD in your list of versions. If you still can't read the Arabic, you may also have to delete the bw fonts in the windows fonts directory and in their place install the bw fonts which will be located in the main BW folder.
    Gd bless your use of this Bible.
    Mark Eddy

Default KOR works beautifully in Korean WINDOWS XP

I had experienced problems with BW7 NOT showing the KOR version on my Korean Windows XP. This problem has been solved by installing the "complex languages" in the control panel's language settings.
    Thank you BW for making the Korean bible available to me.

Default Thanks for including the Chinese Bible

Quote Originally Posted by jchan View Post
    Hello, Mr. Bushnell,

Why is "Right to Left" needed for the Chinese version? "Thai" is listed in the "Right to Left" languages, but not other Asian languages such as "Chinese".

In my experience, on one PC with both "Right to Left" and "Asian Languages" turned on, the Chinese version works. On another PC with only "Asian Languages" turned on, the downloaded Chinese version does not appear in Bibleworks (although Chinese works fine in other programs). Is it because Bibleworks requires the "Right to Left" switch to be on for Chinese to work?

Another matter, in Help notes 18b, the term was typed wrong as "2. Left to Right and Far Eastern Languages Support".

John Chan
    Greetings!

First, my appreciation to all the staffs at BibleWorks for their dedication in making this great software for us Theological Students. Especially including the Arabic, Chinese and Korean Bibles. Keep up the good work!

Second, I agree with John Chan that it was kind of odd to have both "Right to Left" and "East Asian Languages" installed to see the Chinese Bible. Normally just the "East Asian Languages" should be enough. Anyway, ultimately it works at the end and I can see the Chinese text. Thanks for solving this in the forum.

Eric Ling

Default Arabic

I am not aible to see the Arabic in the BW.
    When I select the Arabic van Dyke Xp to download, all seems fine, BW restarts- but then nothing
    What should I do in order to use Arabic ??
    Thanks for the response

Default Work on WindowsME?

I am still using WindowsME. WIll this update work?

Clement

Default New user who wants to see Chinese bible

Hi,

I just installed BW7 last week, so I have little knowledge on how to use it. So, please pardon if I ask some really basic question.

My current problem is that I cannot see the chinese bible I just downloaded from the web. I downloaded all 4 files, and the program seemed to have finished the copying. But when I reopen the BW7, I still could not see the chinese on my dropdown list.

I am using XP, and I have been typing both traditional and simplified chinese for a while now. I checked the language installation option under window, and it seems that I have both far east language and right-to-left installed.

btw, I tried downloading the chinese bible a second time, but the program seemed to run into some problems during copying/installation. It gave me a blank dialog box. I had to use task manager to shut it down manually.

Another thing, I did not see a place to put in the access code when I downloaded the files. I assume that requirement has been removed, because I had no problem in downloading.

Please help.

Thanks,

Haohsin

Quote Originally Posted by hhhwch57 View Post
    I just installed BW7 last week, so I have little knowledge on how to use it. So, please pardon if I ask some really basic question.
    I am going to ask you some questions, so that you might find the answers to your questions.
    My current problem is that I cannot see the chinese bible I just downloaded from the web. I downloaded all 4 files, and the program seemed to have finished the copying. But when I reopen the BW7, I still could not see the chinese on my dropdown list.
    1. Before you downloaded the CUV files, did you download the latest ".exe" patch? If you did not first download the patch named "rev1_exe_release70..." file, then your copy of BibleWorks will not be able to recognize the new versions.
    I am using XP, and I have been typing both traditional and simplified chinese for a while now. I checked the language installation option under window, and it seems that I have both far east language and right-to-left installed.

btw, I tried downloading the chinese bible a second time, but the program seemed to run into some problems during copying/installation. It gave me a blank dialog box. I had to use task manager to shut it down manually.
    2. Since you are using Windows XP, did you download the files for CUSX and CU5X? Those are the files for XP. The files CUS and CU5 are for the newer Vista operating system. If you downloaded the CUS and CU5 files, they will not work on Windows XP.
    Another thing, I did not see a place to put in the access code when I downloaded the files. I assume that requirement has been removed, because I had no problem in downloading.
    3. There is no need for an access code for the Chinese versions, since there is no added cost to you to use them. They are a free upgrade from the CD version of BibleWorks 7.
    Mark Eddy

Default It works now

Hi Mark,

Thanks for your prompt response and great help. I did not know about the exe file, that was the reason it did not work. I just downloaded and installed the latest version, and I can see all the Chinese versions now.

GB,

Haohsin