Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: BW 7.0: Chinese, Korean and Arabic Downloads

Quote Originally Posted by iami1225 View Post
    Hi BW 7.0 Users,
    my biblework is 7.0 version and i update the cux version and apply to my software,but it show nothing about chinese bible version in my version viewer ,where i can find it...
    PS:i already set the language and region setting ..
    Are you running Windows XP or Vista?
    If you are running XP, you needed to download CUSX or CU5X.
    CUS and CU5 are for Vista only. If you downloaded the wrong database, it will not work on your computer.
    In order to see if you downloaded the correct version, at the top of the browse window you can click on the arrow to the right of the little window where the search version abbreviation is displayed (for example: BGT). A dropdown list will show all the versions which you have installed. Look to see if CUS, CU5, CUSX or CU5X is there.
    Mark Eddy

Default Crash on running the updates

Hi, I just bought a new machine and it's running on Vista 32-bit. I installed BW 7.0 uneventfully. Then I did the updates, and apparently, it downloaded all the files successfully, but when it's trying to install them, it failed on certain items (couldn't remember which, but it said something like could not find certain files). And then at one point, the updating process crashed, the same happened on the next few tries. The other thing is, I've downloaded the Chinese bibles (CU5 & CUS) and I "believed" they were installed successfully (as I could no longer find these updates), but in the program, I don't see them in the version dropdown list. Any help is appreciated.

Default Chinese version

Quote Originally Posted by hyee View Post
    When I installed the new Chinese upsate to my Chinese Xp, it did not show up anything. Could someone help me
    thanks
    Hi Hyee,

you can go to control panel ad clik date time, language and regional option, then choose regional and language option, after that pick 'install files for compleks script and right to left language (include thai)', if success you need to restart and then your chinese bible in bible works can be use.

May God Bless your ministry to serve Him for His Glory
    Arthur Surjadi Lin

Quote Originally Posted by pa425804 View Post
    Hi, I just bought a new machine and it's running on Vista 32-bit. I installed BW 7.0 uneventfully. Then I did the updates, and apparently, it downloaded all the files successfully, but when it's trying to install them, it failed on certain items (couldn't remember which, but it said something like could not find certain files). And then at one point, the updating process crashed, the same happened on the next few tries. The other thing is, I've downloaded the Chinese bibles (CU5 & CUS) and I "believed" they were installed successfully (as I could no longer find these updates), but in the program, I don't see them in the version dropdown list. Any help is appreciated.
    At one time we had to download just the executable update first, before BW could handle the rest of the downloaded updates.
    So, if you are still having trouble, I would
    1) delete BW7, 2) reinstall BW7, then 3) download just the BibleWorks executable patch (currently rev1_exe_release_7019e), and then after BW restarts 4) download the rest of the patches.
    Or, to save download time, using "My Computer" before delting BW you could locate the BibleWorks 7 "applied" patches folder, save it somewhere outside of the BW7 folder, and after doing steps 1-3 above, paste the full applied patches folder back into the BW7 patches folder, then do step 4, but be sure that on the "Install Updates" window you check the "Options" "Show downloaded patches" and check all of them (except the 3 patches for XP Arabic and Chinese versions). This will not actually download the patches, but will apply the patches from your saved file.
    I hope this helps.
    Mark Eddy
    Last edited by Mark Eddy; 04-07-2008 at 10:21 AM.

Unhappy BW7 reads Chinese search as strange codes

Dear all,

I use Vista Home Basic and BW7 and I have CU5 & CUS successfully installed. I set CU5 as the seach version and typed Chinese in the search command line but BW7 recognized the Chinese as strange codes and says:

The following word or form cannot be found in the current search version:
    (strange codes)

I can see the Chinese characters in the command line.

Can you tell me how to resolve this problem?

Nicanor

BibleWorks 7 can display Unicode fonts, but it does not use Unicode internally. So, you can search the Chinese versions by right-clicking on a word or phrase and searching for it, but you cannot search by typing those characters on the command line, because the BibleWorks 7 search engine does not recognize the Unicode character map. Sorry.
    I use Windows XP, not Vista, but BW8 also does not handle Chinese charcters typed onto the command line for me. At least I have not been able to figure out the proper keystrokes to get Chinese characters to display, even using the PRC Chinese settings for Windows. So you can do something in Vista which I cannot do in XP.

Mark Eddy

Unhappy BW7 reads Chinese search as strange codes

Dear Mark,

I tried to search by right clicking word/phrase in CU5 but BW7 still read my search as strange codes and the same error message appeared.

I used XP before and I could search CU5X in BW7 by typing Chinese in the command line without any problems. Although I can use online Chinese bible to do the same thing, I'm still disappointed that I can't search Chinese bible in BW7.

David

Default thankssssssssss

Quote Originally Posted by MBushell View Post
    Hi BW 7.0 Users,

We did not receive sufficient response for our request for people to help test the new Korean, Chinese and Arabic versions in BibleWorks, so we are going to just make a semi-public release. These files are available for free to all 7.0 users. To download them open the updater in BibleWorks 7 as usual. Then enter the accesscode "fareast" (and yes, I know Arabic is not Fareast). Just append it to whatever codes you already have (with an intervening space). Once you do that you will see the following posts:

1. AVD and AVX - new versions of the Van Dyke Arabic Bible. AVX is for Windows XP and AVD is for Vista.
    2. CU5 and CU5X - The Chinese Union Bible in Big 5 Character Set format. CU5 is for Vista and CU5X is for Windows XP.
    3. CUS and CUSX - The Chinese Union Bible using the "Simplified" Character Set. CUSX is the XP Versions.
    4. KOR - This is a Public domain Korean Bible. Unless we have reports of problems this version will be he same on Vista and XP.
    5. BibleWorks 7.0.018w - a new executable version with Chinese and Korean support.
    6. A new Online Help file. Please see Chapter 18b for details on using these new versions.

You will have to add Right to Left and Far East Language support before using these versions in XP. Your version of Vista may or may not need to have this added. We run Vista Ultimate and these items are installed by default. This not true on XP. You will also need to add Keyboards to support Chinese and Korean. If you have used Chinese and Korean already on Windows you likely have done this already.

Note that this release has different support for Arabic than the release last week. This one uses the system IME just like Chinese and Korean.

Please be sure to read the new section 18b carefully before using these new versions. Report problems or suggestions here.

We are implementing this with a unique access code to protect people who do not want to mess with the new executable until it has been thoroughly tested. The changes required to support these complex languages were extensive and the possibility of introducing new bugs is real. But we will fix them as fast as we can. We hope these new versions are helpful to our Korean, Chinese and Arabic users.
    thanksssssssssssssssssssss