Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: BW 7.0: Chinese, Korean and Arabic Downloads

Default Can I Change Chinese Font

I downloaded the Chinese database yesterday, and it worked great!

The only thing is I can't seem to change the font. I can change the size, but regardless of what font I selected, it always display the same.

Why would you want to change the font for the Chinese Bible? As far as I know the only font BW uses for Chinese is MingLiU. At least that is the only Chinese font that I have in Windows, and it appears to work fine. But I have not yet learned the fine points of Chinese characters, so what do I know?
    Mark Eddy

Default Can I insert other materials ?

hi

I am sung wook in south korea.

I have good materials of bible in korean.

How can I insert them in BW7?

Default command line keeps changing my arabic back to english so I can't write and search in

Hi, I had just downloaded the arabic version and it's working. I can see the arabic version active and when I go to the command line and change to arabic from the windows language bar, it keeps changing it back to English and I can't type more than one letter at a time and it comes back to English. That even when I click on the language bar at the bottom to change to arabic it changes and return back to English so fast.

How do I fix this? knowing that I want to search for words and phrases not letters

Thanks

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by michael25680 View Post
    Hi, I had just downloaded the arabic version and it's working. I can see the arabic version active and when I go to the command line and change to arabic from the windows language bar, it keeps changing it back to English and I can't type more than one letter at a time and it comes back to English. That even when I click on the language bar at the bottom to change to arabic it changes and return back to English so fast.

How do I fix this? knowing that I want to search for words and phrases not letters

Thanks

Michael
    The problem may not be with the Arabic version but a bug in the program. To test this out, try searching on a word in another non-English version, and see if the search version switches back to English again. On my computer when I have a secondary browse window open after changing search versions twice I cannot switch to a third search version. Instead it automatically reverts to the second search version. I notified the programmers of this problem some weeks ago.
    You may also try closing down BibleWorks and restarting it. Make the Arabic your search version and see if the problem continues.
    If this doesn't eliminate the problem, perhaps someone can come up with some other ideas. But the Arabic version seems to work fine on my computer.
    Mark Eddy

Quote Originally Posted by landuk View Post
    hi

I have good materials of bible in korean.

How can I insert them in BW7?
    If you want to create a user database see BW online Help chapter 38 "Compiling Version Databases." It should explain everything you have to do to compile your version. If you have any questions about the process, write back.
    Mark Eddy

Default problem with korean bible

The name of Ruth in OT, and epistles of John in NT of Korean Bible are different from other Bibleworks version.
    I hope you fix it as soon as possible.

Default Other Chinese Versions

I am definitely grateful to have the Union version in BW. Does anyone know that apart from the New Chinese Version (NCV), is the very literal "Lu Zhenzhong" version available on BW? I was under the impression that the Lu version is public domain. Can anyone help

D Hsu
    Houston

Default Win2000

Is there any Chinese Bible for Windows 2000?

Default problem with the update

[quote=MBushell;10703]Hi BW 7.0 Users,
    my biblework is 7.0 version and i update the cux version and apply to my software,but it show nothing about chinese bible version in my vesion viewer ,where i can find it...
    PS:i already set the language and region setting ..