Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: BW 7.0: Chinese, Korean and Arabic Downloads

Default Chinese not showing

Hi Benjamin,

Do you not see it at all? Or is the font just incorrect? What happens if you type CU5 or CU5X on the command line? If you don't get an answer here contact support@bibleworks.com.

The Chinese versions were built with a particular locale and that locale has to be available on your machine. You can edit the cu5.dbu file to change the locale if you need to. The default is Chinese_Taiwan.950 and Chinese_Singapore.936 for CU5X and CUSX (for XP) but you could try just the word "chinese". If you can't get it to work contact support@bibleworks.com.

Mike

Default Problem with Chinese version

I have already sent in this problem to the tech support. I thought I put it up here for you to try other language versions to see other languages have the same problem.

When I put Matt 5:1-20 in the command line, this is what comes up (see screen1). And when I put Matt 5:10-30, now verse 10 is clear of color but the remainder of the text is in various color (see screen2).

It is only when I disable the data color, the colors go away. However, I never added any color to any of those verses in the first place.

It seems like it always happens on verse 10 and beyond. And it occurs when I choose to display more than one verse. The first verse displayed within the specified scriptural range is always clear of any color.

Prior to BW official chinese version release, I had already made my own chinese version by putting it under Locale:Vietnamese, and changed the vietnamese font to chinese font. That worked for me. But the only problem is that some chinese characters were split in half and became unreadable. But it didn't have the problem described above. Now, I put my chinese version under this new created locale Chinese_Taiwan. BW no longer splits the chinese characters in half anymore. However, my own version now has the same display problem as described above.

Could something be wrong with the locale field? Both CU5X and CUSX has the same problem too.

Dennis

Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by dnns; 04-25-2007 at 08:55 AM. Reason: bad grammar

Default Chinese Color

Hi Dennis,

I turned off colors for double-byte versions (Chinese, Korean and Arabic) until we can get time to look at this. You can grab the latest exe at your convenience.

Mike

Default I have a bw 6! Can I use it, too?

Can I use it in version 6?
    Last edited by landuk; 05-03-2007 at 11:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by landuk View Post
    Can I use it in version 6?
    No, these version use unicode fonts, which are not supported in BW 6.
    Sorry, but there are lots of good features in BW 7, so you might want to upgrade now, especially if you can really use these new versions.
    In Christ,
    Mark Eddy

Default Arabic font size?

Is there a way to change the Arabic font size?
    Ben

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Spackman View Post
    Is there a way to change the Arabic font size?

Will this link help?
    Michael Hanel
    PhD candidate Classics Univ. of Cincinnati
    MDiv Concordia Seminary
    MA Classics Washington University
    Unofficial BibleWorks Blog
    LibraryThing!

Perfect! My home PC hasn't been connected to the internet for sometime, and I now have a Macbook running parallels. I finally get to play with some Arabic!
    Ben

Default Thanks for bringing Chinese Bible to BW

Dear Mr. Bushnell,

Thanks for bringing Chinese Bible to BW . This will be so useful to the large number of Chinese speaking churches.

Not to appear too greedy, is there any chance of getting NCV (New Chinese Version) into BW too? It is available currently online through Sword Project. The copyright belongs to Worldwide Bible Society, Ltd.

Thanks again for a great job.
    John Chan

Default New Chine Vers

John,
    We'll check into it.
    Mike