Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: BW 7.0: Chinese, Korean and Arabic Downloads

If WTT is the search version in the main browse window, I cannot make KOR (or the Chinese Bibles) the search version in a secondary browse window (which I always use to work on verse map files). The search version in the secondary window reverts to WTT as soon as I try to scroll or switch to browse mode. If, however I do get a Chinese version to be the search version in the secondary browse window (by first changing the search version in the main window), it automatically becomes the font in the editor, which I don't want.

Whenever the Chinese versions have two verses mapped together, the second verse is highlighted (in black), making it hard to read the characters. Otherwise I've made good progress toward providing verse map files for all the new versions.

Mark Eddy

With the latest update, the font size in Arabic no longer works.

That is, when I open the .dbu files and change the font size, it has zero effect.

And there is no way to revert back to a previous version of W.
    Last edited by Adelphos; 04-14-2007 at 02:33 PM.

Default Do not see the KOR Bible on Korean XP

I have received the KOR bible update to my BW7.
    But I do not see the new version on my BW.
    I am using the Korean Windows XP OS. Does anyone of you Senior members have a solution to my problem? Thanks in advance!

Joseph Park
    THM Candidate
    Dallas Theological Seminary
    Last edited by jopark74; 04-14-2007 at 08:07 PM.

Default I don't have any problem with the KOR.

Hello,
    I have several Korean versions (now searchable) as BW's add-on.
    I don't have any problem with the KOR and the others installed and I am utilizing Windows XP in English as OS.

God bless.
    Ronen Kim,
    Last edited by kimuspr; 02-16-2009 at 02:00 PM.
    Ronen H. Kim, D.Miss.
    Assistant Professor, Evangelia University, CA, USA
    Director of the MCD (Mission Coram Deo) (2012~present)
    Missionary to Mexico & Puerto Rico (1996~2012)

ronenhkim @ gmail.com

Default Thank You and how do I chnage the font or font size for Chinese Big5

Thanks for posting the Chinese Union versions in BW. In the past I used e-sword in addition to BW simply because e-sword has the Chinese bible. Now I basically have no need for e-sword.

The default font for CU5X doesn't look nice (on my XP SP2 with IE7). How do I change the font or at least the font size? When I go to Tools -> Options -> Fonts, it only has options for Vietnamese fonts but not Chinese.

But in any case, thanks so much for your effort.

In Him,

Leonard Li
    www.sbecc.org
    Palos Verdes, CA

Quote Originally Posted by lli4g View Post

The default font for CU5X doesn't look nice (on my XP SP2 with IE7). How do I change the font or at least the font size? When I go to Tools -> Options -> Fonts, it only has options for Vietnamese fonts but not Chinese.

But in any case, thanks so much for your effort.

In Him,

Leonard Li
    www.sbecc.org
    Palos Verdes, CA
    try this thread.
    Michael Hanel
    PhD candidate Classics Univ. of Cincinnati
    MDiv Concordia Seminary
    MA Classics Washington University
    Unofficial BibleWorks Blog
    LibraryThing!

Quote Originally Posted by lli4g View Post
    Thanks for posting the Chinese Union versions in BW. In the past I used e-sword in addition to BW simply because e-sword has the Chinese bible. Now I basically have no need for e-sword.
    Ditto! Much thanks for adding in the Chinese versions! Woohoo!

With the latest update, my View Popup versions doesn't work properly. To wit: I have KJV/NRS WTT SCR as the setting.

When I hover over verses, only the KJV shows up.

Default I can't use the Korean version.

I donwloaded the Korean version but I can't find Korean in the "choose display version."

I am using windows XP Engshing version and I already installed the Far East language support pack.

Where should I go to find 'my language' to come up?

Default Can't see the Chinese version

Hi! I am a THM student and my mother tongue is Cantonese (familiar with the Chinese Big5). I can't see the Chinese version Bible after installing your new version. I am using the Windows XP version and I have already installed the files of East Asian languages (through activitating the relevant button in the 'Regional and Language option' under 'Control Panel' ) and have restarted my computer afterwards but the Chinese Bible (CU) still did not show up in my Bibleworks 7. Please advise how I should handle the case.

Benjamin

Quote Originally Posted by MBushell View Post
    Hi BW 7.0 Users,

We did not receive sufficient response for our request for people to help test the new Korean, Chinese and Arabic versions in BibleWorks, so we are going to just make a semi-public release. These files are available for free to all 7.0 users. To download them open the updater in BibleWorks 7 as usual. Then enter the accesscode "fareast" (and yes, I know Arabic is not Fareast). Just append it to whatever codes you already have (with an intervening space). Once you do that you will see the following posts:

1. AVD and AVX - new versions of the Van Dyke Arabic Bible. AVX is for Windows XP and AVD is for Vista.
    2. CU5 and CU5X - The Chinese Union Bible in Big 5 Character Set format. CU5 is for Vista and CU5X is for Windows XP.
    3. CUS and CUSX - The Chinese Union Bible using the "Simplified" Character Set. CUSX is the XP Versions.
    4. KOR - This is a Public domain Korean Bible. Unless we have reports of problems this version will be he same on Vista and XP.
    5. BibleWorks 7.0.018w - a new executable version with Chinese and Korean support.
    6. A new Online Help file. Please see Chapter 18b for details on using these new versions.

You will have to add Right to Left and Far East Language support before using these versions in XP. Your version of Vista may or may not need to have this added. We run Vista Ultimate and these items are installed by default. This not true on XP. You will also need to add Keyboards to support Chinese and Korean. If you have used Chinese and Korean already on Windows you likely have done this already.

Note that this release has different support for Arabic than the release last week. This one uses the system IME just like Chinese and Korean.

Please be sure to read the new section 18b carefully before using these new versions. Report problems or suggestions here.

We are implementing this with a unique access code to protect people who do not want to mess with the new executable until it has been thoroughly tested. The changes required to support these complex languages were extensive and the possibility of introducing new bugs is real. But we will fix them as fast as we can. We hope these new versions are helpful to our Korean, Chinese and Arabic users.