Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BW 7.0: Program Fix (7.0.018k)

Default BW 7.0: Program Fix (7.0.018k)

Update: BibleWorks Executable (7.018k)
    Date: 03/27/07 at 12:29:18

This patch contains the latest BibleWorks 7.0 program executable. Mousing over a word when you have more than one verse loaded in multi-version mode could give the wrong results in the Analysis Window.

This is a NOT a preview version. No access code is needed to download this patch.

If you have problems with this update please post a reply to this message on the BibleWorks Forum in the Program and Database Updates section. If you post a response elsewhere we may not see it. Please do not use this section to post messages about anything but this update.

Thanks!

Default System Crashes w/ update

BW7 is crashing seemingly randomly after this update. It appears to do so after I mouse over several different words. It takes a few minutes but it has done in at least a half a dozen times since this update. (7.0.018k)

Default Fixed w/ new ini file?

I reset my ini file and this seems to have resolved the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    BW7 is crashing seemingly randomly after this update. It appears to do so after I mouse over several different words. It takes a few minutes but it has done in at least a half a dozen times since this update. (7.0.018k)
    I've had to revert back to j to keep BW stable. All newer versions crash at odd times consistently.

i too have been experiencing random but regular fatal errors since the update...how does one reset the ini file?

Default Continued crashes

Reseting the ini file only worked temporarily. I'm back to random crashes.

You can reset your ini file a couple of ways. One is to select that option when it crashes (it's one of the radio buttons). However, when you do so you loose all your customized settings.

Default Won't Even Update to 7.018K

Keep getting this error...
    Processing BibleWorks Executable (7.018k) (rev1_release_exe_7018k.pbn)
    Copying c:\program files\bibleworks 7\patches\base\bw700.exe.gz to c:\program files\bibleworks 7\patches\_ptchtmp\bw700.exe.gz
    Copying c:\program files\bibleworks 7\patches\base\bw700.map.gz to c:\program files\bibleworks 7\patches\_ptchtmp\bw700.map.gz
    Copying c:\program files\bibleworks 7\patches\base\bwrestart7.exe.gz to c:\program files\bibleworks 7\patches\_ptchtmp\bwrestart7.exe.gz
    Copying c:\program files\bibleworks 7\patches\base\default.dwd.gz to c:\program files\bibleworks 7\patches\_ptchtmp\default.dwd.gz
    Copying c:\program files\bibleworks 7\patches\base\InstallBwFonts.exe.gz to c:\program files\bibleworks 7\patches\_ptchtmp\InstallBwFonts.exe.gz
    Copying c:\program files\bibleworks 7\patches\base\paradef.dat.gz to c:\program files\bibleworks 7\patches\_ptchtmp\paradef.dat.gz
    Copying c:\program files\bibleworks 7\patches\base\unlockmsg1.rtf.gz to c:\program files\bibleworks 7\patches\_ptchtmp\unlockmsg1.rtf.gz
    Copying c:\program files\bibleworks 7\patches\base\unlockmsg2.rtf.gz to c:\program files\bibleworks 7\patches\_ptchtmp\unlockmsg2.rtf.gz
    Unpacking patch
    Moving rev1_release_exe_7018k.pbn.rtp to c:\program files\bibleworks 7\patches\_ptchtmp\rev1_release_exe_7018k.pbn.rtp
    Pre-patch check:
    bw700.exe (3784704)
    bw700.map (868555)
    bwrestart7.exe (82856)
    default.dwd (56886)
    InstallBwFonts.exe (53248)
    paradef.dat (5852)
    rev1_release_exe_7018k.pbn.rtp (0)
    unlockmsg1.rtf (3625)
    unlockmsg2.rtf (1190)
    Applying patch c:\program files\bibleworks 7\patches\_ptchtmp\rev1_release_exe_7018k.pbn.rtp
    Patch params -verbose -nopathsearch -nosubdirsearch -ignoremissing "c:\program files\bibleworks 7\patches\_ptchtmp" "c:\program files\bibleworks 7\patches\_ptchtmp\rev1_release_exe_7018k.pbn.rtp"
    error ept0009: Invalid Patch File 'c:\program files\bibleworks 7\patches\_ptchtmp\rev1_release_exe_7018k.pbn.rtp'
    ----------------------------

Default Random Crashes

I am experiencing random crashes with several of the latest updates also. 18k will not even load. The program is only stable when I revert back to .18g

I'm getting the crashes too. Seems to happen when I attempt to use the Synopsis Tool, but at other times as well. I reverted to 18.i. and it still is crashing.
    -Chris

"BibleWorks has encountered several errors and cannot continue..."

What happens...?
    Last edited by Jovimar; 03-30-2007 at 03:11 PM.