Thread: hide the search window

Hybrid View

Default hide the search window

hi,
    when i am using bibleworks in class i often have it open purely for bible-reading purposes, and a word document or something else open on the other side of the screen. Is it possible to hide the search window and display only the command line above the browse window?

ben

Until someone comes a long with a definitive answer to your question, you might try resizing the browse window as big as it will go (which actually is ALMOST the entire window) and then type ctrl-shft-b and that will bring up a "portable" command line).

You can also have just the "portable" command line open in your Word doc.

Do either of these two workarounds give you what you need?

You could also do a parallel window "p bgt" for instance on the command line with the same control-shift-b for the floating, command line.
    Michael Hanel
    PhD candidate Classics Univ. of Cincinnati
    MDiv Concordia Seminary
    MA Classics Washington University
    Unofficial BibleWorks Blog
    LibraryThing!

Quote Originally Posted by arggem View Post
    Until someone comes a long with a definitive answer to your question, you might try resizing the browse window as big as it will go (which actually is ALMOST the entire window) and then type ctrl-shft-b and that will bring up a "portable" command line).

You can also have just the "portable" command line open in your Word doc.

Do either of these two workarounds give you what you need?

I did try resizing the browse window as big as it will go, but when i do this for some reason bibleworks runs up all of my CPU capacity and slows my computer down to a near-halt. I have no idea why this would be so, but it is consistent, as soon as i resize the browse window (so that the search window becomes visible again the CPU % bibleworks is using drops from 99% back down to 0%).
    Thanks for the tip about the 'portable' command line. I will probably use this, in conjunction with the parallel window view suggested by Michael...

thanks for your help. It is still not ideal, but much better.

ben

Very helpful thread!

I've connected my laptop to a TV screen with one of these. What do you guys do about font sizing? I'd like Much Bigger Ones.

Thanks

Problem Solved. I'll use MS Magnifier.

Default font size?

You do know font size is adjustable in the Tools: Options: Fonts area?
    Michael Hanel
    PhD candidate Classics Univ. of Cincinnati
    MDiv Concordia Seminary
    MA Classics Washington University
    Unofficial BibleWorks Blog
    LibraryThing!