Thread: update version flags - weird

Default update version flags - weird

I am WinXP SP 2 etc -- and have BW on a laptop and a desktop.

Beginning a couple of versions ago, I will look, find, and install a version update--but when I go back afterwards, it says it needs the update, ie version installed is 'w' and version ready for download is 'w.'

I think it the flag gets set correctly on the second time through.

Am I the only one? <on two machines?>
    Bill Capel
    Champaign, IL
    Ruling Elder, PCUSA

Quote Originally Posted by billcapel View Post
    I am WinXP SP 2 etc -- and have BW on a laptop and a desktop.

Beginning a couple of versions ago, I will look, find, and install a version update--but when I go back afterwards, it says it needs the update, ie version installed is 'w' and version ready for download is 'w.'

I think it the flag gets set correctly on the second time through.

Am I the only one? <on two machines?>
    If I understand you correctly, there is no problem. Sometimes Mike B. posts versions with the same version numbers if changes are relatively minor or there was some kind of glitch in the original post. For instance, one EXE upgrade (I forget which one now, but it was a few weeks ago), didn't update properly because it didn't modify a Greek alias file (or some problem like that). I emailed the support team and Mike B. quickly fixed it and the same version was available to download even though I had that version installed and running already.

Sometimes Mike B. gives a description of what the new EXE updates are (i.e. what has changed in them), but sometimes the changes are rather obscure that he doesn't write what he's changed, but simply posts a new file for updating.
    Michael Hanel
    PhD candidate Classics Univ. of Cincinnati
    MDiv Concordia Seminary
    MA Classics Washington University
    Unofficial BibleWorks Blog
    LibraryThing!

Default Maybe but I don't think so . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Hanel View Post
    If I understand you correctly, there is no problem. Sometimes Mike B. posts versions with the same version numbers if changes are relatively minor or there was some kind of glitch in the original post.....
    OK, I understand about posting the same version again -- and may be a possible explanation.

But, it has been happening consistently for the past several versions . .

And, the new version flag is there immediately after I do the initial update -- in otherwords, I can update twice within 5 minutes.
    Bill Capel
    Champaign, IL
    Ruling Elder, PCUSA