Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Linking to Logos or WordSearch

Default Linking to Logos or WordSearch

I have the New American Commentary in both Logos and WordSearch formats. I was wondering what I would have to do to get the ELM to link to them.
    Dr. Kevin Purcell I am a BW9 User!
    Columnist for Christian Computing Magazine
    See my personal blog at www.KevinPurcell.org
    Follow me on Twitter @kapurcell

Hi Kevin,

Your signature indicate you are using BW 6. If that is still true, you will need to start by upgrading to 7.0.

If you have 7.0, there are several posts already discussing how to link into Logos, but if you cannot find them, post back and I will be glad to assist you.

I do not know how to link into WS.

John Fidel

Quote Originally Posted by jfidel
    Hi Kevin,

Your signature indicate you are using BW 6. If that is still true, you will need to start by upgrading to 7.0.

If you have 7.0, there are several posts already discussing how to link into Logos, but if you cannot find them, post back and I will be glad to assist you.

I do not know how to link into WS.

John Fidel
    Well, I need to upgrade my sig just like upgraded my software.

I read the only other thread and it did not discuss how to link to a specific target in Logos. It talked about linking to some of the language stuff. But I use BW for language and Logos/WordSearch for commentaries. How do I link to something other than what was discussed. I know I need to read through the help stuff. But thought I'd take a stab here first.

This message did a good job of summarizing ways to link BW7 and Logos. So you can go straight to that one rather than reading all of them if you prefer.
    Michael Hanel
    PhD candidate Classics Univ. of Cincinnati
    MDiv Concordia Seminary
    MA Classics Washington University
    Unofficial BibleWorks Blog
    LibraryThing!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Hanel
    This message did a good job of summarizing ways to link BW7 and Logos. So you can go straight to that one rather than reading all of them if you prefer.
    Thanks.
    That is quite complete, it seems. I only skimmed it so I will have to do a careful reading to see if I can follow it.

Default Logos BDAG

The following should work - at least it does for me:

// External Link #20
    //
    [Logos BDAG]
    Operation = Open
    Directory = NULL
    File = libronixdls:macro|name=TextKeyLink|text=<dummy>|la ng=el|scheme=beta|res=LLS:BDAG
    Parameters = NULL
    MenuLocation = Browse Window Greek
    TextType = Greek Text
    MapToVersion = NULL
    Lookup = Lemma
    MenuText = Look up work in BDAG
    Enabled = 1

Note that you want to have the menu location as Browse Window Greek so that it only appears as an option when the pointer is over greek text. You also want the lookup to only be the Lemma (not the Form) as you are searching for the dictionary entry. Map to version is not necessary as you are searching for a dictionary entry and not for a biblical text (or critical apparatus reference).

As for the macro: I worked on these external links so long ago, I can't remember what does what..... BUT n.b. a space will occur in this very long line that needs to be deleted (at the moment I think it's in lang=el.

God Bless,
    Damian

Default Linking to BDAG

I cannot figure out how to edit the external links to include BDAG in Logos. Can someone walk me through this step by step please? Thank you very much!

Cliff

Has anyone figured out how to create a link that will open the current passage and run a Passage Guide report in Logos 3?

It's not possible to run the passage guide. Do you need help getting it to open to the current verse?

Damian

No but opening to a commentary might be a good alternative choice. I have the New American Commentary and would love to have it open wiht the right lick option.