Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 29 of 29

Thread: BW 6 & 7: Vista and BibleWorks

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    3

    Default Will Bibleworks 6 & 7 work with Vista 64bit?

    Not sure who's out there who has tried running Bibleworks 6 [which I use now] on Vista 64 bit programme. If so does it work and do you need some kind of complicated workaround? Need to know as I am about to upgrade my system to high end spec for photography.

    Hope there is someone out there who might have an answer.

    Best Wishes

    Clivepic

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    5

    Default Still Unable to Install BibleWorks

    On a new install of Vista on a machine that can easily run it, have followed the instructions to the letter multiple times - and variations on them as well - but cannot get Bibleworks to open.

    After applying the Vista Patch and then the latest exe version upgrade it just shows me the splash screen (with the latest version number) and then hangs:
    A Microsoft windows window comes on telling me:

    BibleWorks 7.0 has stopped working.
    A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available....

    That's it.

    Have wasted a week already trying to install, uninstalling, reinstalling... can't affort more time... Can anyone offer me any help? Maybe it is one of the dlls that has to be re-registered...No idea.

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    2,030

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tito View Post
    ...Have wasted a week already trying to install, uninstalling, reinstalling... can't affort more time... Can anyone offer me any help? Maybe it is one of the dlls that has to be re-registered...No idea.
    Tito, I wish I had an answer for you, but I don't. I hope those who are using Vista and who might know what's going on will chime in. I can't imagine a computer without BibleWorks!

    But let's all nevertheless give a big HOORAY to MS for Vista!

    I mean, after all, Homeland Security, NSA, CIA, China, Echelon, and a bunch of other "entities" sure do like it!
    Last edited by Adelphos; 03-01-2008 at 01:03 AM.

  4. #24

    Default

    If I understood how to solve the problem, I would be more than happy to help. I just don't understand why it isn't working. I don't see how it's a Vista issue because I've been running BW7 on Vista Home Premium for a year with only a minor issue that's been resolved.

    Perhaps if you provide what version of Vista are you using, that may give someone a clue. 32-bit or 64-bit? Home Basic or Home Premium? Ultimate? What are your computer specs? How much RAM do you have?

    There's little more frustrating than spending money on computers and software and their not meshing. Hope you get an answer soon.

    Bill

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    6

    Unhappy Vista Patch not working

    Quote Originally Posted by Tito View Post
    On a new install of Vista on a machine that can easily run it, have followed the instructions to the letter multiple times - and variations on them as well - but cannot get Bibleworks to open.

    After applying the Vista Patch and then the latest exe version upgrade it just shows me the splash screen (with the latest version number) and then hangs:
    A Microsoft windows window comes on telling me:

    BibleWorks 7.0 has stopped working.
    A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available....

    That's it.

    Have wasted a week already trying to install, uninstalling, reinstalling... can't affort more time... Can anyone offer me any help? Maybe it is one of the dlls that has to be re-registered...No idea.
    Tito: I'm having the same problem. I have a Vista equipped laptop that BW7 is working fine on for a year. I have an HP with Vista 32bit Home Premium that had BW7 working fine until I had to do a system recovery on due to other issues with Vista. Now I get the same results as you. I've just redone another system recovery and have the same results with BW7. I can only get BW7 to start up if I delete the BW ini file. This isn't an answer; you're just not alone.

  6. #26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gelavalon View Post
    Tito: I'm having the same problem. I have a Vista equipped laptop that BW7 is working fine on for a year. I have an HP with Vista 32bit Home Premium that had BW7 working fine until I had to do a system recovery on due to other issues with Vista. Now I get the same results as you. I've just redone another system recovery and have the same results with BW7. I can only get BW7 to start up if I delete the BW ini file. This isn't an answer; you're just not alone.
    Gary,

    Did you reinstall BW7 or just do the system recovery. Obviously, something in the system recovery failed to replicate everything when BW was working well. Weird.

    Bill

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    6

    Default

    Bill: I did a complete restore; did not load any other programs. I loaded BW, did not open, loaded the patch, and then opened the program. It will open the first time, but not after that unless I delete the ini file. I'm just not sure where the hang up is. Thanks

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    839

    Default Vista Crash

    Hi Clive,

    If you are comfortable doing it, one thing you can try is right clicking on the BW directory in Windows Explorer, then choose Properties and then Security. Make sure you have read-write-modify permissions for the that directory. If not, then set them.

    You can also contact BibleWorks Tech support at service@bibleworks.com or call at (757) 627-7100. We have a new installation CD set that is Vista specific but I don't believe is is back yet from the company that does our reproduction. That might fix it. But it would not really do anything more than set directory permissions. In any case I encourage you to contact the tech support guys. They'll get you going one way or another.

    Mike

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    839

    Default

    Clive,
    One more thing. Start BW with the SHIFT key depressed. When the options window pops up check the options to delete BOTH the ini file and the context files, then choose the option to start BW with those changes. That might help.
    Mike

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •