Thread: BW 7.0: Targum Update

Hybrid View

Default BW 7.0: Targum Update

Update: Targum Files (7.017h)
    Date: 01/16/07 at 21:53:56

This patch contains the latest BibleWorks 7.0 Targum databases. The main change is a correction to the versification in Zechariah. In parallel with this a new executable has been posted. This new executable adds superscript markers to Targum variants. The numbers correspond to the numbers in the CAL database. There is also a new option in Tools | Choose Targum Variant Colors which permits you to set the colors for the variants. You should turn off the Targum color file options or delete the color files as they are no longer needed and will conflict with the new options. The files to delete are: tar.clr, tam.clr, cgt.clr, cgm.clr, ftt.clr, ftm.clr, nft.clr, nfm.clr, nmt.clr, nmm.clr, pjt.clr, and pjm.clr.

This is a NOT a preview version. No access code is needed to download this patch.

If you have problems with this update please post a reply to this message on the BibleWorks Forum in the Program and Database Updates section. If you post a response elsewhere we may not see it. Please do not use this section to post messages about anything but this update.

Thanks!

Default More Fixes

I just posted another executable and Targumim set. It fixes some issues introduced in yesterday's update. Let me know if you find any more problems.

Thanks,

Mike

Default Even more changes

I just reposted (as of 2:00 AM EST Jan 18,2007) the Targum files and program executable. The Targum materials are looking pretty good now but let me know what you think.

Also, some changes in the executable were made to display some rare Hebrew accents that occur only a few places. You'll need to grab the font update as well. Bwhebb is the only font that has changed recently.

Mike

Default Targums

Dear Mike,
    I've got the update, but my Targum text has the variants swimming without any distinction from the rest of the text. I went to Tools/Choose Targum Variant Colors and selected red for the background color; but that didn't change anything. I looked up the files you want me to delete and found all of them except cgm.clr. What to do now? Delete those files? Reboot? Change the Background Color of Variants setting? I'm also curious as to how to use the CAL codes adopted to BW. I don't see any of the codes you listed in that chart in my Targum text. Just the text with the variants swimming around with no marking whatsoever. BTW The shading of the target Hebrew/Greek word when I do a word-search is a little light. Is it possible to darken it?
    Andrew