Thread: Limits

Default Limits

Is there a limit to the number of entries in the books.bna file? I have started doing the hymns of John Wesley and there are a 1026 of them.

Dan

Default book collection

Assuming that these are standard hymn format, why not have one book name, and each hymn as one chapter?

Also, depending upon how you want to use the material, I would think that this material may be better displayed as a HTML Help module. This would also give you the option of more precise page formatting, the inclusion of graphics of the music, and even sound files.

I don't know how you would like to structure that material, so you may need to disregard this suggestion if it doesn't fit what you want to do.

Glenn

Default Not a Musician

I want to use the chapter as the hymn number and the verse as the line within the hymn. I am not a musician and have other reasons for wanting this and so I could care less about formatting, musical score, and sound files, but thanks for the suggestion. I still need to know if there is a limit to the number of entries.

Dan

Default book.bna limits

Hi Dan,

There are no limits imposed within the program.

However, we haven't tested with such a large number of book abbreviations, so it is possible that unforseen problems could arise. The best I can say is, let us know if any thing goes wrong (performance degredation, etc.), and we will try to fix it as soon as we can.

Hope this helps.

Glenn

Default It helps

Thanks. It will be a while before it is done as I am doing the conversion as a devotional exercise.

Dan