Thread: pluperfect search

Default pluperfect search

I am trying to do a search for all pluperfect forms, working out of the "Command Line - Examples and Shortcuts". And when I run this search
    .*@v?y* this is the message I get. There is no such reference in the current search version.
    .*@v?y*

This is true when I run the search in BNM, BLM or BGM.
    Sure hope somebody knows the why!

Hmm. That should work. Can you perhaps post a screen shot of it not working? Otherwise I'm not sure. It should work as easy as you describe and it certainly does for me.
    Michael Hanel
    PhD candidate Classics Univ. of Cincinnati
    MDiv Concordia Seminary
    MA Classics Washington University
    Unofficial BibleWorks Blog
    LibraryThing!

Thumbs up worked for me also!

I ran your search and everything worked fine for me! Here are the results I got: 292 verses, 97 forms, 302 hits, in 3.66 seconds.

Harold

Michael

I am not able to get a print screen to work either.
    Strange that it seems to work on other searches I have done.

I did try this and it is even more strange. I clicked on the command line and under the popup there I turned the morphologhy and code insertions off and I then was able to type the code in but I did not get any where near the entries that someone posted.

With the morphology and code insertions buttons on I cannot get
    past the .*@v to get to the ? because the code insertions screen has the
    morphology bar covered.
    .*@v?y*
    I copied this code string onto my clipboard and am able to insert it into BNM, BGM, and BLM. They all pop back with the message stating "There is no such reference in the current search version".

I am left wondering if I have been getting all the hits in other searches I have done.

Quote Originally Posted by millenia05@earthlink.net View Post
    Michael

I am not able to get a print screen to work either.
    Strange that it seems to work on other searches I have done.

I did try this and it is even more strange. I clicked on the command line and under the popup there I turned the morphologhy and code insertions off and I then was able to type the code in but I did not get any where near the entries that someone posted.
    Check and see if you have set limits on your searches. go to the command line and type "l<enter>" that is a L then hit enter no quotes. This will clear your limits and then run the search again

With the morphology and code insertions buttons on I cannot get
    past the .*@v to get to the ? because the code insertions screen has the
    morphology bar covered.
    You can always hit the escape key and that will allow you to insert the ? in the command line.

.*@v?y*
    I copied this code string onto my clipboard and am able to insert it into BNM, BGM, and BLM. They all pop back with the message stating "There is no such reference in the current search version".
    try entering the codes in manually and not by copy/paste cause it didn't work for me as a copy/paste action, but worked fine when I typed them in.

In the BGM it comes back with 292 verses, 97 forms, 302 hits 0.07 secs
    BLM 210 verses, 76 forms, 216hits 0.44 secs
    BNM 82 verses, 35 forms, 86 hits, .0.2 secs

I am left wondering if I have been getting all the hits in other searches I have done.
    Just double check limits and search version and manually type in the command line arguments and see how it goes.

Chris

Cris the man.

That little trick of hiting the "esc" key to get behind the little popup screen did the trick.

Thanks bunches!

Talking Wow!

Chris,

I thought my 3.66 seconds was fast. Your numbers make my Dell B120 laptop with a 1.40GHZ Celeron M processor and 512 MB memory embarrassed.

Harold

PS, Guess I needed to let the old girl warm up a bit. Ran the search again and produced the results in 0.48 seconds. Not time for a new computer just yet!
    Last edited by Harold6; 12-13-2006 at 02:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Harold6 View Post
    Chris,

I thought my 3.66 seconds was fast. Your numbers make my Dell B120 laptop with a 1.40GHZ Celeron M processor and 512 MB memory embarrassed.

Harold

PS, Guess I needed to let the old girl warm up a bit. Ran the search again and produced the results in 0.48 seconds. Not time for a new computer just yet!
    I believe Bibleworks caches searches after they are run so subsequent searches are faster.

Quote Originally Posted by millenia05@earthlink.net
    That little trick of hiting the "esc" key to get behind the little popup screen did the trick.

Thanks bunches!
    notta problem, glad to help.