I am not a computer expert, so I will try and answer your questions. I will see if my Mac tech friend, who is working with the developers of CrossOver, would be willing to come on the Forum and provide everyone with helpful information.
1. Which beta of CrossOver are you using? I believe CrossOver Mac 6.0 Beta 3
2. Which version of BW are you using (e.g., 6 or 7)? I am using BW 5. I have BW upgrade 6 but right now, CrossOver only accepts the full version of BW (see below)
3. Which version of Windows did you install (e.g., XP, 98, etc)? This is the GREAT NEWS! NONE! I don't use Windows on my Mac. I am using Mac OS X 10.4.8 to run CrossOver and BW.
4. What other software did you install in your 'bottle' prior to installing BW (e.g., Internet Explorer ver. X, etc?) NONE! Just install CrossOver and then install BW through CrossOver (click on Configuration > Install Software). It is very easy.
5. By the way, you are first to report a positive CrossOver experience. See our previous discussion here. Yes. My Mac tech friend gave me a very early version of CrossOver. It had a lot of kinks, which was disappointing. But, the latest version is great. BW is smoking fast and I have only come across a few minor problems (which my friend told me can be resolved).
6. Screenshots, tips, and hints will be greatly appreciated and who knows, maybe even rewarded. I love rewards! However, I don't know how to send screenshots, etc... Hopefully, my Mac tech friend will come on and share his expertise.
After working with BW yesterday on my Mac for over 3 1/2 hours non-stop, here are the only 4 minor issues I came across:
1. The pop up information when you scroll your cursor over a word (But, I can't tell if the pop up information will work since the 6.0 upgrade will not work. I believe this feature is available only in versions 6 or 7; I assume that it would probably work if I had the full version of 6.0 or 7.0)
2. The ability to update the software under Help > Bibleworks on the Web > Check for updates (it keeps asking for Internet Explorer 4.0 or higher; Note: BW does work with Safari on all the other web features; just for now not on the update feature)
3. The inability to use the upgrade version of the software (my 6.0 version is only the upgrade and not the full program)
4. The Help button doesn't fully work (e.g., when I tried clicking Contents, Search, Back, History, Topics, nothing happens; I could click on the scroll buttons located right next to Topics button and access all of the Help topics)
I passed these few minor problems on to my Mac tech friend who is working with the CrossOver developers. He told me, actually today, that all of these problems can be resolved. So, Mac users can be glad that we finally have a solution to our long awaited need. You can forget all Windows applications. With CrossOver, you don't need Windows. You can run BW right on your Mac OS X operating system and it will operate great.