Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is there audio pronouncing in Bibleworks 7?

Default Is there audio pronouncing in Bibleworks 7?

It is one thing to read a greek word, but it sure is helpful to be able to pronounce it as well. Is there audio pronouncing in Bibleworks 7

There is pronunciation available in the Flashcard module. (Using Options > ...), you can choose whether you want Erasmian or modern pronunciation.
    Mark G. Vitalis Hoffman
    Professor of Biblical Studies
    Lutheran Theological Seminary at Gettysburg
    ltsg.edu - CrossMarks.com
    Biblical Studies and Technological Tools

Try "Tools" - "Vocabulary Flashcard Module" - click on yellow speaker icon.

The Help File is under "Sound Files".

Ingo

(MGVH beat me to the post . . .)

Default But does the program sound the word for you?

I understand how a card can show you how to pronounce a word properly, but that was not my original question. Does Bibleworks 7 pronounce the greek word for you in an audio format to where you actually hear the word spoken

Yes. Follow the instructions above, and, provided you have a soundcard and the volume turned up, you may *hear* the Greek in the dialect of your choice.
    Ben

Default Pronunciation

Quote Originally Posted by rd151 View Post
    Does Bibleworks 7 pronounce the greek word for you in an audio format to where you actually hear the word spoken
    Yes for the dictionary form found on the vocabulary flash cards (directions supplied in other posts); no for the running text with its inflected forms.

Dale A. Brueggemann

כִּי עֶזְרָא הֵכִין לְבָבוֹ לִדְרוֹשׁ אֶת־תּוֹרַת יְהוָה וְלַעֲשֹׂת וּלְלַמֵּד בְּיִשְׂרָאֵל חֹק וּמִשְׁפָּט (Ezra 7:10)

Default Greek NT Pronounced

Well, there is a site where the whole Greek NT is read out loud using Erasmian pronunciation and presented as MP3 files HERE.

I'm guessing it would be fairly easy to create one of the HTML Help files that shows up in the Resource Summary window to link to the chapters.
    (I'd like to think I would have the time to learn how to do it, but...)
    Mark G. Vitalis Hoffman

Default spoken Greek

Thank you, Mark, for that link. Do you know if there is something similar for the spoken Hebrew?

Default OT Audio files

In addition to the sites listed HERE under "Audio Recordings of the Hebrew text," also see this collection HERE.
    Mark G. Vitalis Hoffman

Default cross verse boundaries

Mike,
    Since I work with Dead Sea scrolls, I want my searches on the Hebrew Bible always to cross verse boundaries, and when I forget to toggle that switch in the task bar at the bottom of the search window, my results are skewed downwards. That is I look for "Saul" within 7 to 15 words of "David" in order to reconstruct two lines of 4QSam-a from a fragment that has nothing left of the verse(s) but the two words mentioned, one above the other. Since there are no such things as verse boundaries in Dead Sea scrolls, the cross verse boundaries switch must always be on. Is there a flag option to keep "Cross Verse" continually highlighted? If not can you make one and issue it as a web update?
    Andrew Fincke