Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Link BW7 ----> Libronix Luther's Works

Default Link BW7 ----> Libronix Luther's Works

Hi,
    I would like to link to Libronix's Luther's Works from BW7. I am able to get it(Libronix) to launch, but I don't get any search matching done (maybe this is not possible with this product?). I have created a collection in Libronix for this purpose. Here is some detail.
    Name:  bw7.JPG
Views: 971
Size:  55.1 KB

Please advise if you have any suggestions.

Thanks,
    Pete

If you're looking to see whether Luther refers to a particular verse, the following will open Libronix and set it up. You just have to hit enter after the search dialogue appears.

Copy the following into the "Webpage, file, or executable to run" verbatim, and add the name of your luther collection after "collection-name="

libronixdls:dialog|name=SearchBasic|search=bible in "<Book> <Chapter>:<Verse>"|collection-name=
    Ben

Default Luther's Works

Hi Pete and Ben,

I have tried to link Luther's works as well but with no success. I also have Baker's NT commentaries that I am trying to get to work.
    Mark Langley
    Sovereign Grace Baptist Church of Topeka, KS

But the word of the Lord endureth for ever. And this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you.

to. de. r`h/ma Kuri,ou me,nei eivj to.n aivw/na tou/to de, evsti to. r`h/ma to. euvaggelisqe.n eivj u`ma/j

Default Luther's Works

OK. Thanks anyway guys.
    -Pete

Quote Originally Posted by peterbu View Post
    OK. Thanks anyway guys.
    -Pete
    Odd, by doing the same function as Ben (libronixdls:dialog|name=SearchBasic|search=bible in "<Book> <Chapter>:<Verse>"|collection-name=Luther) ~ assumes you've named your collection of Luther's Works "Luther"), I can get this to work just fine as well. Why would it work for some, but not others?
    Michael Hanel
    PhD candidate Classics Univ. of Cincinnati
    MDiv Concordia Seminary
    MA Classics Washington University
    Unofficial BibleWorks Blog
    LibraryThing!

Default New and need help with Luther's works.

Just obtained Bible Works and I followed the above suggestions to link to Luther's Works. luther's Works loads and the search screen appears but below is in the search box.
    bible in "<Book> <Chapter>:<Verse>

Fixed it.
    Last edited by Rooster; 01-26-2007 at 11:32 AM. Reason: Fixed it

Default One change I've done . . .

I also got it to work by using "Luther" as my collection name. However, under "Menu Location or Event", I have selected "Browse Window All" so that I can highlight a verse and do a LW search from anywhere.

James

Default Link to Luther's Works

Any updates on this thread? I am a new BibleWorks user and, by using the suggestions in this thread, can get Logos to open but it will not search my Luther's Works collection.

Thanks!

Scott

Default One thing to check...

Hi there, SES!!!
    One thing to check: the executable line doesn't like spaces. If you named your collection "Luther Works" I'm guessing it won't work. Use a single word or at least no spaces.
    That's also why even in listing book/chapter/verse, I think you need:

<Book>%20<Chapter>%3A<Verse>

That is, %20 is the hex code for a space and %3A is the hex code for a colon.

Maybe it helps?
    Mark G. Vitalis Hoffman
    Professor of Biblical Studies
    Lutheran Theological Seminary at Gettysburg
    ltsg.edu - CrossMarks.com
    Biblical Studies and Technological Tools

Thumbs up

With the kind and gracious assistance of MGVH, we were able to get Luther's Works to link w/BB7 in two different (and very useful) ways. In both cases, my Logos library of Luther's Works is named "Luther", so make the necessary alterations if your library has a different name.

To link a search by verse:

libronixdls:dialog|name=SearchBasic|search=%22<Boo k>%20<Chapter>%3A<Verse>%22|collection-name=Luther

To link a search by words/terms:

libronixdls:dialog|name=SearchBasic|search=<dummy> |collection-name=Luther

SES