Thread: Export Paragraph Formatted Bible Version?

Default Export Paragraph Formatted Bible Version?

Is it possible to export a "paragraph formatted" bible version from BW? I tried both the KJV and ESV (supposedly paragraph format) using the export and copy center options to no avail. I want this for a pop-up wisdom program and I would prefer to have paragraph rather than single verse format to get context.
    If this isn't possible in BW, does anyone know where I can get this (preferably the KJV)?

Thanks,
    Al Cantley

Currently BW does not recognize paragraphs or line breaks within verses. If you know which verses make up a paragraph in your chosen version, you can copy a range of verses and paste them into whatever document you wish. When I copy into MS Word, the section of BW that I copy does not keep the verses on different lines, but it places them all in one paragraph. Is that what you mean?
    Mark Eddy

No. The ESV in print has paragraph (logical chunks) instead of standard verses. I wondered if this was somehow preserved in BW and could be exported AS A WHOLE. Other versions have also been "chunked" in this manner - including the KJV. I have the free Baha'i offering that has many resources including the Baha'i, Islamic, Christian, Zoroastrian, Hindu, etc. In it the KJV Bible is in paragraph format but each book is a separate file. My only practical solution may be to merge each of these 66 files into one to get my desired result.

Thanks.
    Al Cantley

Regardless of whether print editions have or do not have paragraph breaks, BW has none of them, it is only by verse. Feel free to email BW to ask for paragraph support, but right now that would have to be added into the texts because as of right now, they are not there in the BW editions.
    Michael Hanel
    PhD candidate Classics Univ. of Cincinnati
    MDiv Concordia Seminary
    MA Classics Washington University
    Unofficial BibleWorks Blog
    LibraryThing!