Thread: popup copy window

Default popup copy window

This morning I opened the popup copy window (ctrl+shift+b) in ms outlook. Put in Heb 10:26-31 for the text, selected NET for my version and got: NET Hebrews 10:26 Once the satraps, prefects, governors, and ministers of the king had gathered around, they saw that those men were physically unharmed by the fire. The hair of their heads was not singed, nor were their trousers damaged. Not even the smell of fire was to be found on them! 27 [and so forth].

I then went to the copy center in BW6 and successfully copied my desired text from there.

I then closed the popup copy window in ms outlook, re-opened it and successfully copied my text.

The popup copy window does not always my desired text. I've been doing some study in 1 Peter and have often gotten texts from Daniel as I did today. Further, I have not as yet tried to document what the pattern is, but when I think I have the popup copy window working correct in ms word it will not copy the correct passage. I have to always check what I paste to see if it the correct passage.

It does work better if I first copy something from the main copy center in BW first.

I love the popup copy window, and I would love to be able to use it with confidence.

Al
    Last edited by almather; 05-11-2004 at 01:27 PM. Reason: check editing feature

Default I have the same problem.

I have also had problems with the popup copying. Recently I tried to copy verses from Romans into MS Word. I used BNT and NRS, and BNT copyed right, but NRS tended to copy Matt. 1:1 every now and then. I use XP but i don't remember what version of BW I was using then.

Antti

Default Problems with Popup copy window

I'm another one having problems with the popup copy window, but I haven't been able to nail down a specific, repeatable bug, so I haven't reported it.

The one factor that seems to be consistent is if I want to copy from a version not currently displayed in the results window, I seem to get wacky results.

For example, with my standard WTT, BGT, KJV NAU and NIV up in the RW and WTT as the search version, if I bring up the popup copy window and ask for Col 1:10 ESV BNT *sometimes* I get strange results. I just tried this example and it worked perfectly, so I'm still at a loss to know how to pin point it.

Anybody have a specific, repeatable problem along this line?

As a test of Philip Brown’s idea: I opened BW6 and ms word. Gen 1:1 is the verse in the result window, and Nau, BGT and BGM are the open versions. I opened the popup copy window and typed in NAU along with 1pe 1 1.

NAU 1 Peter 1:1 Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ, To those who reside as aliens, scattered throughout Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia, and Bithynia, who are chosen

However, upon closing the popup window, re-opening it and asking for NET I got:

NET 1 Peter 1:1 My brothers and sisters, if anyone among you wanders from the truth and someone turns him back,

Below is the verse copied by using copy center.

NET 1 Peter 1:1 From Peter, [correct]

Below is the verse copied with popup window after using copy center.

NET 1 Peter 1:1 From Peter, [correct]

In Christ,

Al