Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Problem Copying text.

Default Copying Hebrew

Hi Andrew and Mark,

There are a lot of issues with copying Hebrew from BibleWorks and there may be issues which we need to address. I spoke with Andrew at SBL and if I understand his problem it has to do only with copying Unicode from BibleWorks to another application. There was indeed an issue of copying a single all-Hebrew phrase from the Analysis Window and inserting it in an English string of characters. I just posted a fix for this which I hope addresses the issue. Look for 7.0.015x or later.

The problem was that BibleWorks was adding a carriage return after the copied phrase, and Word interpreted this to mean that the phrase needed to go at the beginning of the current paragraph. The rules which Word follows for inserting RTL text into English text are complicated and I am still not clear about what Word will do in all circumstance. In any case with the update if you copy a pure Hebrew phrase from BibleWorks and paste it as Unicode into the middle of a Word English phrase, it should work properly, including wrapping. Please note that you MUST be sure that the source string is all Hebrew, inclusing no English text or carriage returns. In that case you will get the carriage return plus an extra one at the end, which is I think what people want most of the time.

Please note also that when copying Hebrew from BibleWorks in non-Unicode (the Bwhebb font) t Word, all bets are off. Word cannot wrap such text properly and the text will be treated just like English text. Mark's example was, I think, non-Unicode so it has limitations and may have to be cleaned up by the user after the transfer - and if you insert words befor the insterted phrase wrapping may mess up the Hebrew word order. For this reason if you export a lot of Hebrew to Word docs, unless you have a specific reason to do otherwise, use Unicode. I think the current executable works well with Unicode Hebrew (with the fix that I just made) but if there are remaining problems let me know and we will fix them. Very specific and detailed examples are always helpful.

Andrew, the Israeli keyboard is on our list and we'll get to it as soon as we can.

God bless,
    Mike

Default Copying Hebrew Update

The executable that I promised (15x) is ready but the company that we use to host our updates is not receiving uploads. The post should appear as soon as they get the problem fixed.

Thanks,
    Mike

Default Updates

Quote Originally Posted by boeinguy2 View Post
    It seems that I may have seen it when copying multiple versions. However, I usually copy NAU, such as the I Peter example. I would not see this 'Cross venue' chest within a version would I?
    Do you have the latest updates? We fixed a problem like this some time ago.

Mike