Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Augustine's Works Module by Pasquale

Default ???

Not following how this is added through the version compiler. Not working here. What am I doing wrong ?

In Create Module Index, I get Could not find a properly coded bw.js file.

????

Question How to search Augustine module?

Greetings! I am excited that I could add this module to my new BW7. This is the first exegetical program I've owned, and I'm still in the early stages of learning how to utilize it. I've added the files for this module and can access it through the menu: "Resources: St. Augustine's Works" - but what I don't understand is how I can search it, as it doesn't appear in my versions list (at least that I can see). What if I wanted to search it for references to a particular Bible passage - how would I do that? Sorry for the newbie question...

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    Greetings! I am excited that I could add this module to my new BW7. This is the first exegetical program I've owned, and I'm still in the early stages of learning how to utilize it. I've added the files for this module and can access it through the menu: "Resources: St. Augustine's Works" - but what I don't understand is how I can search it, as it doesn't appear in my versions list (at least that I can see). What if I wanted to search it for references to a particular Bible passage - how would I do that? Sorry for the newbie question...
    I think I've answered my own question, sort of: references show up in the summary window under "resource summary" on the right. I'd still like to know how to do it the other way, and get all the references to a verse range, if possible, so if anybody can tell me how to do that, I'd be obliged.

This is an outsatanding contribution- thnak you!
    Anyone fancy doing the same for Edwards?

Quote Originally Posted by pasquale View Post
    Who is Edwards and where are its works in Public Domain?

Thanks
    Pasquale
    Jonathan Edwards is an early American pastor/etc. I'm not sure of all his works, but I know some are on CCEL : http://www.ccel.org/e/edwards/
    Michael Hanel
    PhD candidate Classics Univ. of Cincinnati
    MDiv Concordia Seminary
    MA Classics Washington University
    Unofficial BibleWorks Blog
    LibraryThing!

Hey guys, I'm still using BW6. How would I install this file, it's not a .ddf and .txt set up. thanks.

8. Default Where's the .ddf file for Augustine?

I love all these 'public domain' userdb add-ons. However, it may be that's been too long since I've downloaded and added one via the VDB, as I'm having trouble.

Having downloaded the whole file, going first to Program Files/BibleWorks 7/userdb, the zip file known as Augustine.zip is then unzipped, and takes up residence in Program Files/unzipped. When I go to install it by way of the VDF, the VDF box first asks for a DDF file, when I click Open, it opens the userdb file, and there is no Augustine.ddf file there. The Database Raw Text File, c:\unzipped\augustine\augustine_idx.txt, is there, and does what it's supposed to do. When I check the contents of the C:\unzipped\augustine file, I find it has augustine.chd, augustine.chm, augustine.sdx, and the aforementioned augustine_idx.txt, but no ddf file. I have taken Eric's suggestion, unblocking all of the above files. - However, I'm puzzled. The VDF seems to assume (I suppose rightly) that there should be a DDF file, so as to open and add the Augustine file in a usable way. Having fully downloaded the file, I don't seem to have a DDF file. Help! Please, brethren, show me what to do, or provide a 'fix.'
    In Him, Bennett B. Wethered
    Pastor, Dayspring Orthodox Presbyterian Church
    Warrenton/New Baltimore, Virginia
    www.dayspringopc.org

There are two types of user add on files. Jim Darlack is working on a post to explain this better on the BibleWorks blog. A quick review is this.

Versions ~ these are add ons that are run through the version database compiler. These contain a text file and ddf.

Help module add ons ~ these are HTML help files which have Scripture indices that can make their references show up in the Resource Summary window (very helpful!!). These files, the .chm, .chd and .sdx you copy or unzip directly into your BW\databases\ directory. The next time you start BW, they will be ready to be used.
    Michael Hanel
    PhD candidate Classics Univ. of Cincinnati
    MDiv Concordia Seminary
    MA Classics Washington University
    Unofficial BibleWorks Blog
    LibraryThing!

so I've copied everything into the databases file folder, but nothing shows up in BW. I can click on the file in the folder and it will run, but again, no integration. Thanks for whatever help you can be.