Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Augustine's Works Module by Pasquale

Hybrid View

Talking Augustine's Works Module by Pasquale

Pasquale has put together a CHM module that contains the public domain text of Augustine's works as found on the Christian Classics Ethereal Library site. The module is tagged to work with BibleWorks, so that if the editor cites any verse of Scripture, a link will be displayed in your Resource Summary Window. All of the following texts are included:
    • Volume I. Prolegomena: St. Augustine's Life and Work, Confessions, Letters
    • Volume II. The City of God, Christian Doctrine
    • Volume III. On the Holy Trinity, Doctrinal Treatises, Moral Treatises
    • Volume IV. The Anti-Manichaean Writings, The Anti-Donatist Writings
    • Volume V. Anti-Pelagian Writings
    • Volume VI. Sermon on the Mount, Harmony of the Gospels, Homilies on the Gospels
    • Volume VII. Homilies on the Gospel of John, Homilies on the First Epistle of John, Soliloquies
    • Volume VIII. Expositions on the Psalms
    Download Augustine's Works for BibleWorks! (18.6 MB)
    Jim Darlack - Associate Director of Goddard Library /
    Reference Librarian at Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary

Gloucester Assembly of God | Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary
    The 'Unofficial' BibleWorks Blog | Old in the New | Facebook | LibraryThing

Quote Originally Posted by jdarlack View Post
    Pasquale has put together a CHM module that contains the public domain text of Augustine's works...
    Simply outstanding!

I wonder if Pasquale knew he was PREDESTINATED to make Augustine's works available for BibleWorks?

Default Thank You

Thanks for all your hard work!

I'm not sure exactly how or when I will use Augustine's works in my line of work (not being a church historian), but I'm sure the time will come for a pithy quote (e.g. "As St. Augustine said it best centuries ago, '[insert quote that I found because the verses are hyperlinked],' and who can argue with that?").

Default Haha

Quote Originally Posted by Adelphos View Post
    Simply outstanding!

I wonder if Pasquale knew he was PREDESTINATED to make Augustine's works available for BibleWorks?

That is some good theological humor!
    a;koue( VIsrah,l( ku,rioj o` qeo.j h`mw/n ku,rioj ei-j evstin( kai. avgaph,seij ku,rion to.n qeo,n sou evx o[lhj th/j kardi,aj sou kai. evx o[lhj th/j yuch/j sou kai. evx o[lhj th/j dianoi,aj sou kai. evx o[lhj th/j ivscu,oj souĊ

עשׁה שׁלום במרומיו הוא יעשׂה שׁלום עלינו ועל כל ישׂראל ואמרו אמן׃

"Will you rise like a lion in the morning sun or will you just lay there bleeding? When the time has come, return to the Kingdom, close my eyes and be screaming freedom!" - Matisyahu

Exclamation Error with Module

I have been trying to using the Augustine's Works module and I am encountering an error. I downloaded the file and unzipped it to the "c:\program files\bibleworks 7\databases" folder; however, whenever I try to open the module it will not run properly. The module opens with the sidebar and menu correctly, but the text of the module is not displayed. It tells me that "navigation to the webpage was cancelled." Any tips?

If you go to the files that you just unzipped and right-click on them and choose, "properties." At the bottom of the dialog you will probably see that windows blocked them because they came from another computer.. Just choose the box to unblock them and you should be set to go.

Thanks Eric! The module works perfect now.
    Last edited by dfborn; 11-12-2006 at 12:22 PM. Reason: typo

Thumbs up Wow! Great.

Quote Originally Posted by jdarlack View Post
    Pasquale has put together a CHM module that contains the public domain text of Augustine's works as found on the Christian Classics Ethereal Library site.
    This is fantastic, not only for its availablity within BW, but for its functionality with the Scripture links. Love it

Dale A. Brueggemann

כִּי עֶזְרָא הֵכִין לְבָבוֹ לִדְרוֹשׁ אֶת־תּוֹרַת יְהוָה וְלַעֲשֹׂת וּלְלַמֵּד בְּיִשְׂרָאֵל חֹק וּמִשְׁפָּט (Ezra 7:10)

I can't wait to use this module, but I'm a newbie and can't figure out where to place the individual files. Can anyone give me some help?

Thanks,

Mark Allison

I believe you place these files the "databases" folder under your bibleworks installation folder. On windows it would be something like:

c:\program files\BibleWorks 7\databases

I also add my kudos. Very nice contribution!
    Steve MacKenzie
    Bellevue, WA