Thread: Windows Vista and Leopard Compatable?

Smile Windows Vista and Leopard Compatable?

Hi! I have BW6 and am thinking of upgrading to BW7. Will BW 7 be compatable with the new Windows Vista and Apple's new platform for Macs: Leopard? Both platforms are due next spring, and I will likely be needing a new computer. I would love for BW 7 to be compatable with both Vista and Leopard! (On the Mac, I would use Parallels). Any thoughts or news from BW? Blessings to you and thanks!

Default I am interested too...

Quote Originally Posted by gracings View Post
    Hi! I have BW6 and am thinking of upgrading to BW7. Will BW 7 be compatable with the new Windows Vista and Apple's new platform for Macs: Leopard? Both platforms are due next spring, and I will likely be needing a new computer. I would love for BW 7 to be compatable with both Vista and Leopard! (On the Mac, I would use Parallels). Any thoughts or news from BW? Blessings to you and thanks!
    I am interested in this too...
    Nick
    Serving Under His Mercy,

Nicholas Alsop

Sure it will. Parallels has already been tested under Leopard using Vista and it works just fine (http://www.macsimumnews.com/index.php/archive/parallels_desktop_beefs_up_vista_leopard_support/). As long as Bibleworks runs under Vista, as I'm sure it will, you won't have any problems at all.

Mark Allison

Default Leopard OK

Parallels has already added Leopard support, so that piece won't be a problem.

Vista, however, I don't know about. I can't imagine that it would be an issue, though...
    David Garrison
    Pastor for Emerging Ministries
    Southminster Presbyterian Church
    St. Louis, MO

Granted testing release candidates is not quite the same as using the real Vista, and granted Vista is still not a finished product, I was under the impression that BW7 works under it. There might be a few glitches, but until Vista is completely stable, it would be hard for BW7 to diagnose what's going on if there were any problems. BW7 has handled other operating system shifts just fine, I don't really expect any problems this go around either (especially considering how the closer Vista is getting, the less dramatic the changes to it seem to be, as I understand them)
    Michael Hanel
    PhD candidate Classics Univ. of Cincinnati
    MDiv Concordia Seminary
    MA Classics Washington University
    Unofficial BibleWorks Blog
    LibraryThing!

At present BW 7 more or less works with Vista. There are some issues that require manual steps but they are sort of trivial. BibleWorks updates and add-on modules don't play well with Vista's new security setup so the very first thing I do after installing BibleWorks is change the permissions on the program files directory to give myself full access to all files. By default all actions taken with Program Files stuff has to be done through the Admin interface and BibleWorks isn't set up to work that way so changing permissions is necessary. Thus far I am assuming this will remain a problem and will require an update to BibleWorks, but we will see.

I'm running Vista RC2 now and have had the same performance from BibleWorks since Vista Beta 2.
    M.Div Candidate, Beeson Divinity School
    http://www.musterion.net/

Default BW setup without a hitch on Vista Release Candidate 2

The Bibleworks 7 installation on Vista Release Canidate 2 worked without a hitch for me.

I do run with User Access Control off (in the control panel) and as administrator. You can turn if back on after installation.

This would be a work around for all applications, not just Bibleworks 7.

Anyway, looks and runs great on Vista
    Steve MacKenzie
    Bellevue, WA

Default Thanks!

Wow! Thanks everyone!! I will let you know if there are issues once I get Vista, but it sounds like it is going to work great! BW 7 it is, and I am all smiles and praise!!

Default Vista and BibleWorks

We have reports from several people running BW7 on Vista with no problems. We are comitted to fixing any problems that crop up after the release of Vista but we don't expect anything major. No one has the commercial release yet but we will install and test with it just as soon as Microsoft releases it to their Development Network (of which we are members).

Mike

MBushell,

Will work be done so that BW works with Vista's UAC without any tweaking required of Vista settings? It doesn't just work as is, changes have to be made to Vista's security settings for things to work perfectly and might defeat the purpose of some people's having gotten Vista in the first place.
    M.Div Candidate, Beeson Divinity School
    http://www.musterion.net/