Thread: Euseb Historia Ecclesiastica

Default Euseb Historia Ecclesiastica

Hi there,

is this module (Euseb Historia Ecclesiastica) available anywhere? (Maybe it`s already implemented in BW but im just to stupid to find it...).

Michi
    Last edited by MickZ; 10-21-2006 at 01:35 PM.

Hi Pasquale,

Thank you for your quick answer, but I`m looking for the original Version in Greek. Has anybody an idea?

Michi

Quote Originally Posted by MickZ View Post
    Hi Pasquale,

Thank you for your quick answer, but I`m looking for the original Version in Greek. Has anybody an idea?

Michi
    To my knowledge it is not online anywhere... however at one point in time there was a link from CCEL to a bunch of Patristic Greek material (most of them in PDFs). I don't see that link around anymore, but I did download Eusebius' Church History in PDF. I don't know if that would be helpful to you or not. I am not sure that you could distribute it publicly, but I don't think there would be any problems for using it yourself personally. If that's something you're interested in, email me from the forums and I'll attach it in an email.
    Michael Hanel
    PhD candidate Classics Univ. of Cincinnati
    MDiv Concordia Seminary
    MA Classics Washington University
    Unofficial BibleWorks Blog
    LibraryThing!

Thank you very much!

Michi

Finally there is a legitimate public domain Greek version of Eusebius on Perseus Digital Library. I will put it in BibleWorks format, but to do so I need a bit of help. Unfortunately the text itself needs a little bit of proofreading/correcting on two counts. First, Perseus often misdivides sections. This isn't a huge deal, but it could affect citations and such if you are trying to look up an exact passage. Also it can lead to dividing sentences up right in the middle. So I need someone to help proof the section divisions and correct them. Second, for some reason unbeknownst to me there are a few font problems with their Unicode and my conversion program doesn't handle it well, so I need those problems fixed.

If you would like to help make Eusebius' Church History available for other BibleWorks user, please let me know if you can help. I simply don't have the time to do all this myself.
    Michael Hanel
    MDiv Concordia Seminary
    LibraryThing!

I have the old Harvard edition of Eusebius Ecclesiastical History books 1-10 in my personal library. If that is good enough to check the sections divisions and spelling, I would be glad to help, though I can't guarantee how quickly I could look the whole text over. If someone else has more time, I have plenty of other projects I could do instead. But this is one book I have wanted to go through but never got around to. This might be an excuse to do it.
    Mark Eddy

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Eddy View Post
    I have the old Harvard edition of Eusebius Ecclesiastical History books 1-10 in my personal library. If that is good enough to check the sections divisions and spelling, I would be glad to help, though I can't guarantee how quickly I could look the whole text over. If someone else has more time, I have plenty of other projects I could do instead. But this is one book I have wanted to go through but never got around to. This might be an excuse to do it.
    Mark Eddy
    That is one way to do it. I actually think I have a little bit quicker method, but I can email you about it I guess. I'll see if there are any other volunteers.
    Michael Hanel
    MDiv Concordia Seminary
    LibraryThing!

Default Coming soon

I know you are all staying awake all night wondering when this will be done. Well I just wanted to let you know that progress is being made. About 3 of the 10 books of Eusebius' Ecclesiastical History have been proofed. The bonus is that I will be releasing both the Greek text and a companion English translation (from the Church Fathers module) so that you don't need to have that open to see an English translation with the Greek text in the browse window. So it's like getting two for the price of one. Except the price of one is free!
    Michael Hanel
    MDiv Concordia Seminary
    LibraryThing!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Hanel View Post
    So it's like getting two for the price of one. Except the price of one is free!
    Oh, I do like that pricing model. Smirk.
    Jim Darlack - Associate Director of Goddard Library /
    Reference Librarian at Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary

Gloucester Assembly of God | Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary
    The 'Unofficial' BibleWorks Blog | Old in the New | Facebook | LibraryThing

Default Eusebius' Church History for BibleWorks

The first release of Eusebius' Church History is now available on the BibleWorks Blog!

In the future there will likely be additional releases that contain minor fixes.

There may also be further releases that include other works of Eusebius in Greek and English - a BibleWorks user has contacted me about those, but much work still needs to be done to get them into a proper format.
    Michael Hanel
    MDiv Concordia Seminary
    LibraryThing!