Thread: Vaticanus Update - Entire NT in two versions!

Talking Vaticanus Update - Entire NT in two versions!

Pasquale is at it again. This time he's put together a new module that contains images of Codex Vaticanus for the entire New Testament.

This module is very large, as it has two complete editions of Vaticanus.

The first edition which is directly linked to the Resource Summary Window, is the pseudofacsimile of Vaticanus by Giuseppe Cozza-Luzi and Carlo Vercellone (Bibliorum sacrorum Graecus Codex Vaticanus: auspice Pio IX. Pontifice Maximo [Romae: Typis et impensis S. Congregationis de Propaganda Fide, 1869]). In the Gospel of John and in James the pseudofacsimile images have been replaced with better images of the actual Codex Vaticanus.

Each of the images mentioned above is in turn linked to an image of Tischendorf's transcription of Vaticanus (Novum Testamentum Vaticanum: post Angeli Maii aliorumque imperfectos Labores ex ipso codice [Lipsiae: Giesecke et Derient, 1867]).

To install this file, download and unzip into your BibleWorks 7/databases folder. If you have previously installed an earlier edition of Pasquale's Vaticanus module, just let the new unzipped files overwrite them.

Enjoy this great addition to BibleWorks by Pasquale Amicarelli!
    Jim Darlack - Associate Director of Goddard Library /
    Reference Librarian at Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary

Gloucester Assembly of God | Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary
    The 'Unofficial' BibleWorks Blog | Old in the New | Facebook | LibraryThing

Alright, everyone say it with me now: User modules are cool!
    Michael Hanel
    PhD candidate Classics Univ. of Cincinnati
    MDiv Concordia Seminary
    MA Classics Washington University
    Unofficial BibleWorks Blog
    LibraryThing!

New user modules are cool

Default Error in compiling Vaticanus module

I am so thankful to have these modules! Much gratitude for Pasquale's compiling and Darlack and Hanel's hosting.
    So, I don't want to complain, and Pasquale has certainly been more than busy, but there is an error in the compiling of the Vaticanus module. If you check, you will see that there is nothing on the pages for "Mark 1.9-37" and for "Mark 1:37-45 and 2:1-17"
    I decompiled the help file, and for those pages:

a) There is an error in the coding to make the link to the Tischendorf transciption
    Line now reads: <a href="VatTisc\VatTisch-045.htm'>Tischendorf's Transcription</a>
    Should read: <a href='mk:@MSITStore:vattischendorf.chm::/VatTisch-045.htm'>Tischendorf's Transcription</a>
    (Change 45 > 46 for the next page)

b) In decompiling, I can see that Vaticanus-45.jpg (and -46) were not included in the files.

I could fix the link to the Tischendorf transcription, but I could not find where the JPG files of the mss are from.
    Mark G. Vitalis Hoffman
    Professor of Biblical Studies
    Lutheran Theological Seminary at Gettysburg
    ltsg.edu - CrossMarks.com
    Biblical Studies and Technological Tools

I informed Pasquale of the problem. There was also a small bug in Bezae that has been fixed. These updates will be posted on the BW blog as soon as Jim has time to get that out.
    Michael Hanel
    PhD candidate Classics Univ. of Cincinnati
    MDiv Concordia Seminary
    MA Classics Washington University
    Unofficial BibleWorks Blog
    LibraryThing!

I wanted to say, Thank you very much for making this ancient document, Codex Vaticanus, avialable to us. The image is very clear. And it is really great to be able to consult this ancient hand-written document, from my PC screen sitting at my desk in my home.

Thank you very much, again.

Regards.