Thread: Was the New Testament Really Written in Greek?

Default Was the New Testament Really Written in Greek?

There is a really excellent book available for FREE download at:
    http://www.aramaicpeshitta.com/
    which is called "Was the New Testament Really Written in Greek?". This is highly recommended reading to all NT students/scholars, whatever your views on the subject are.

With permission from the author (hence why it is hosted on his web site), I have turned this into a new BibleWorks User Module, which is fully linked to the text of the NT, and appears in the Resources Tab like other Modules.

You can download the new Module from the web page:
    http://www.aramaicpeshitta.com/online_version.htm

Regards,

Ewan

Default Help with Unlocking

I have a problem with the Lataster module. I put the three files into the databases folder, after changing -chm to .chm. The module shows up in the program in the Resources Menu under Aramaic and then the Lataster-Was the New Testament Really Written in Greek. But when I try to open it, I get the BibleWorks box which says the "resource file...is not unlocked." I read the posts regarding right clicking on the files that were placed in the databases folder and going into properties to unlock a file. When I do that, I cannot find anything that tells me to lock or unlock a file. What am I missing?

Quote Originally Posted by Joan Korte View Post
    I have a problem with the Lataster module. I put the three files into the databases folder, after changing -chm to .chm. The module shows up in the program in the Resources Menu under Aramaic and then the Lataster-Was the New Testament Really Written in Greek. But when I try to open it, I get the BibleWorks box which says the "resource file...is not unlocked." I read the posts regarding right clicking on the files that were placed in the databases folder and going into properties to unlock a file. When I do that, I cannot find anything that tells me to lock or unlock a file. What am I missing?
    This just happened to me and thanks to Michael he gave me the answer. You will need to unblock each of the files that you unzip. To do this right click on a file. Choose Properties|General Tap|. Down at the bottom it will say security. Click on unblock.

Then copy the files over to the database directory.
    Mark Langley
    Sovereign Grace Baptist Church of Topeka, KS

But the word of the Lord endureth for ever. And this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you.

to. de. r`h/ma Kuri,ou me,nei eivj to.n aivw/na tou/to de, evsti to. r`h/ma to. euvaggelisqe.n eivj u`ma/j

Thanks, Mark. My mistake was failing to right click on the zipped file before it was unzipped; I was trying with the three files after they were unzipped.

It works perfectly and looks great in the program!!! Wow!!!