Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Printing Help

Default Printing Help

I am trying to print the help on sentence diagramming, both the How to Diagram document by Randy Leedy and the BibleWorks help on the module itself, but I'm not getting any of the graphics to print. Instead I'm getting that litte X that prints as a place-holder for a gif file. None of the sample diagrams embedded in the how-to manual are printing. They show up fine on my screen but won't print.

What do I need to do to get these graphics to print?

Please help.

Tom Rogstad

The graphics print fine here. I would recommend checking with your printer manufacturer for an updated driver.
    Charlie Gibson
    BibleWorks Technical Support
    Important Note: This forum is not the appropriate method for contacting BibleWorks staff.

Please use the following links if you need a response from the BibleWorks staff:
    Technical Support: Click here
    Ideas: Click here

Default Printing Help

I found that I can get the graphics to print if I do a Select All on the text in the document, then right click and print. As long as I remember to do that I'll be okay.

If I select the heading and try to print the heading and all subheadings none of the graphics are included. I doubt this is a printer problem since I get the same thing when I print to a PDF file using Adobe utilitles.

Can anyone else give this a try and let us know the results? Printing the graphics here works fine.
    Charlie Gibson
    Important Note: This forum is not the appropriate method for contacting BibleWorks staff.

Please use the following links if you need a response from the BibleWorks staff:

Default Same Problem

I tried to print the same thing and got the same results: just X in the place holder where the graphic should be.

Same thing for me. I tried printing to my laser printer and to Adobe PDF and both gave me an "X" instead of the graphic.
    -- Richard

"Contend earnestly for the faith that was once for all delivered to the saints." Jude 3 (ESV)

We've tried it here on three different printers and in each case the graphics print fine.

My first hunch for you all would be to reinstall your printer driver and/or make sure you have the correct driver installed for your printer. I would recommend using the printer troubleshooter though first, just incase it's something more obvious..

To do this click Start>Help and Support.
    Then click Printing and Faxing.
    Then click Fixing a Printing Problem.
    Then click Printing Troubleshooter.
    Charlie Gibson

Default Ok

Thanks Charlie, I'll try this, but I have printed many, many, things on my laser printer and do not have any problems except with this application. In the end, it's not that big a deal because I can work around it by copying the information to Word and then print it.

Eric

Same here. My Dell works fine, plus I tried printing the adobe pdf printer (Acrobat 6.0 Professional), with the same results.

I don't know how to replicate the problem for you, but I'd be glad to offer any information that would be helpful.
    -- Richard

"Contend earnestly for the faith that was once for all delivered to the saints." Jude 3 (ESV)

Charlie, thanks for your help. I ran troubleshooting on my printer and checked the printer driver. There's nothing wrong with the printer. I've also tested printing other graphics-heavy compiled html help files in other applications. They are all working correctly. The problem is specific to BibleWorks's help files.

This is not urgent since we have a work around, but it is curious.