Now available here.
I tried to install the Herodotus in English according to your instructions.
But when I added the book names to books.bna, as per your instructions, I got messages telling em the program had a serious problem and could not load.
Removing the additions to the book.bna seems to have put things back to normal
Does your list have to be added alphabetically? Surely not.
Is there an error in your coding?
I'm glad I didn't have to install all 6 or 7 disks again!
I have no explanation for that. Mine doesn't have any problems. All you should need to do is open your books.bna file with a text editor and copy those books names to that file and then re-save it. I can't imagine what problem is coming up.Originally Posted by Gontroppo
Worst case scenario it is not necessary to have the books named, so if this really is what is causing the problems, not having the book name list updated will not effect the functionality of the text.
If you already downloaded Herodotus in Greek, which Michael Hanel made available quite a while ago, you won't need to add any book names for Herodotus in English, since they are the same (or should be).
The books-2.bna file that I made available earlier this summer should contain all of Michael's add-ons (except anything he posted in the past month). If you download that bna file, then from within BW you can choose it to be your book names file. And it the new book names should display in BW.
I have found that if BW is open and you edit the bna file from outside BW there will be problems with BW's ability to recognize the changes. You have to add book abbreviations to your bna file while BW is closed. Then after you have saved the changes, open BW, and the new names should display on your computer.
I hope this helps.