Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Hebrew Massorah

Default Thanks!

This is great... thank you!
    a;koue( VIsrah,l( ku,rioj o` qeo.j h`mw/n ku,rioj ei-j evstin( kai. avgaph,seij ku,rion to.n qeo,n sou evx o[lhj th/j kardi,aj sou kai. evx o[lhj th/j yuch/j sou kai. evx o[lhj th/j dianoi,aj sou kai. evx o[lhj th/j ivscu,oj souĊ

עשׁה שׁלום במרומיו הוא יעשׂה שׁלום עלינו ועל כל ישׂראל ואמרו אמן׃

"Will you rise like a lion in the morning sun or will you just lay there bleeding? When the time has come, return to the Kingdom, close my eyes and be screaming freedom!" - Matisyahu

Default Massorah

It looks like this has been in the works for a while and looks very interesting. I'd be willing to help out with inputting the Hebrew text; I'm just not sure how long it will take.

I was wondering if you would need Bibleworks in order to help with inputting the Hebrew text or if I could you a word processor like Nota Bene or OpenOffice?

I don't have Bibleworks (yet), so if it is needed, I can't help out yet.

I'm new here and have been wasting my time yesterday and today watching how everyone has been drooling over Bibleworks 8...

post removed
    Last edited by MWMiles; 11-21-2011 at 10:49 PM.

Actually, I am still working on this project. It burns in my heart for some reason!

I have a grad total of 2 pages completed!! Wa Hoo...

I am working on Vol 4, the elephant folio's, which I purchased for $700.00 in '06 if my memory serves me right.

David M

Yes, the more people we have the better.

I feel that this work would be one of the best Lexicology/Critical Textulism tools that BW could possibly have and distribute, excluding the canonized scriptures. (My Bias added, smile)

This work would have to be more than just an added (Help) module though. It would have to be integrated into the program itself with tags and a lexicon, and possibly its own bible version to integrate all three, or possibly more.

But this goes far, far, far beyond what I am capable of doing. I struggle with basic Hebrew, let alone being fluent enough to even read Ginsburg's Volumes 1-3 or the BHS for that matter.

The 4th Volume of Ginsburg's work is mostly in English. That is why I opted to start with that one.

So, "Team Work", yes! We need a group of people far more qualified than I to complete this work.
    Last edited by ugotdave; 06-14-2009 at 01:49 PM. Reason: fix spelling error(s)