Thread: 7.0 Fix: Misc Font Issues

Hybrid View

Default 7.0 Fix: Misc Font Issues

Update: BibleWorks Executable (7.015g)
    Date: 06/30/06 at 12:10:07

This patch contains the latest BibleWorks 7.0 program executable. It fixes several font problems: (1) Fixes a problem with Unicode export of NET Bible notes. Some characters that do not occur in typical Unicode fonts, like Fraktur P, though in bwgrkl, will be exported as non-Unicode using the same character in bwsupp. (2) a major rework of the way Hebrew accents are displayed is under way. There should be fewer overlaps now. NOTE: you will need to apply the latest font update. Then manually reinstall bwgrkl, bwhebb and bwsupp from the BibleWorks root directory.

This is a NOT a preview version. No access code is needed to download this patch.

If you have problems with this update please post a reply to this message on the BibleWorks Forum in the Program and Database Updates section. If you post a response elsewhere we may not see it. Please do not use this section to post messages about anything but this update.

Thanks!

Default Re-intstall Fonts

Mike, Will you be a little more specific as to what needs to be done to manually re-install the fonts from the Bible works root directory?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mfettes
    Mike, Will you be a little more specific as to what needs to be done to manually re-install the fonts from the Bible works root directory?

Thanks
    Go to Start Menu -> Control Panel -> Fonts (or if you're not in Classic View: Appearance and Themes -> Fonts (in the left handside of your screen under See Also)

In the Fonts folder Delete BwGrkL, BwHebb and BWSupp (you can right click and delete)

Then in this folder you can go to File Menu -> Install New Font

In the Folders, redirect it to where you have BibleWorks installed typically C:\Program Files\BibleWorks 7\

When you do this, a few fonts should pop up in the window saying "List of Fonts" Here you will click on BwGrkL, BwHebb and Bwsupp and hit Ok to reinstall them.
    Michael Hanel
    PhD candidate Classics Univ. of Cincinnati
    MDiv Concordia Seminary
    MA Classics Washington University
    Unofficial BibleWorks Blog
    LibraryThing!

I doubt this is a font issue, but rather a mapping issue. Anyway, I'm still getting gibberish when I open the BW keyboard and then choose Hebrew. This was fixed a few versions ago, but has now appeared again in the last several updates.

Does anyone else see blanks in the thin verticle lines in the new bwhebb font? I see them on my machine in BW7 and in Scott's post to this thread. These gaps in the letters make them harder to read for me.
    Mark Eddy

Unhappy Fuzzy font

The new version of Hebrew font BWHEBB looks fuzzy on my computer screen. The other fonts don't and BWHEBB didn't look fuzzy before. I uninstalled it and reinstalled it but it still looks the same.

David McKay
    www.gontroppo.blogspot.com
    David McKay
    Aussie Christian
    http://gontroppo.blogspot.com/
    What I'm Reading
    http://themusickeplace.blogspot.com/

Default Troubleshooting a Font Problem

Gontroppo wrote: "The new version of Hebrew font BWHEBB looks fuzzy on my computer screen. The other fonts don't and BWHEBB didn't look fuzzy before. I uninstalled it and reinstalled it but it still looks the same."

From this description it would appear that the problem is with the font alone, and not with the computer or with BW. I am assuming that the BWHEBB font appears fuzzy wherever it occurs. (Search Window, Browse Window, Lexicon Window, etc.) Try copying some Heb text, using this font, into your word processor or copy-and-paste to another app where you can paste text to view it there. Do you get the same result?

If the problem persists, then obtain another copy of the TTF file to install to your PC. (You indicated that you reinstalled it. From what source did you do so?) Also, try the font in different type sizes. (Don't forget to designate the font set to which you are making changes.)

I hope that this helps to resolve the problem.
    Last edited by EdMellott; 07-02-2006 at 08:04 AM.

Default Highlighting Options in Editor?

I am having difficulty in choosing other highlight colors in the Editor, and I can't unhighlight portions that I highlighted yellow in attempting to open the highlighter utility that used to be in version 6. Does version 7 have a similar utility for the Editor that allows you to select various colors or make your own like before?

Thanks, Mike