Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: BibleWorks 7 Master List Installer

Default CROY Vocabulary File

The CROY Vocabulary File is now available for download. It will be added to the Master list later on.
    [removed due to copyright issues]
    Robin
    Last edited by admin; 07-17-2006 at 10:29 AM.
    Robin Song, M.Div
    Andrews University Theological Seminary
    Berrien Springs, MI

Default ZIK - Zikarown Say'fer

The Zikarown Say'fer Bible is now also available for download. It will be added to the Master list later on.
    Robin
    Robin Song, M.Div
    Berrien Springs, MI

Default SEV - Sagradas Escrituras (2004)

The Sagradas Escrituras Spanish Bible is now available for download. It will be added to the Master list later on.
    Robin
    Robin Song, M.Div
    Berrien Springs, MI

Default I really waited!!

Thank you so much Robin for the SEV.
    Take care!!

Haejin,
    Ronen H. Kim, D.Miss.
    Assistant Professor, Evangelia University, CA, USA
    Director of the MCD (Mission Coram Deo) (2012~present)
    Missionary to Mexico & Puerto Rico (1996~2012)

ronenhkim @ gmail.com

Default NWT - New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures (1961)

The New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures (1961) Bible is now available for download. It will be added to the Master list later on.
    Robin

Note: Due to copyright issues, please download at your own discretion.
    Robin Song, M.Div
    Berrien Springs, MI

Default TNV - Today's New International Version (2005)

The Today's New International Version (2005) Bible is now available for download. It will be added to the Master list later on.
    Robin

Note: Due to copyright issues, please download at your own discretion.
    Robin Song, M.Div
    Berrien Springs, MI

Default Caution!

Whoa! Posting the TNIV and the New World Translation are both very big violations of copyright unless you have been given express permission from the WatchTower and from Zondervan/United Bible Societies.
    Jim Darlack - Associate Director of Goddard Library /
    Reference Librarian at Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary

Gloucester Assembly of God | Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary
    The 'Unofficial' BibleWorks Blog | Old in the New | Facebook | LibraryThing

Jim is right. These are big copyright no-no's. Don't abuse the version database compiler, by distributing these files. If you're unsure about copyright laws, check out this link.

The "basic" assumption is this: if a work is published before 1923. it's probably in the public domain. IF it is after 1923, it probably is NOT, unless the owner has specifically said it is in public domain.

The Version Database Compiler is an awesome feature, but if it is used to support distributing copyright protected files, you can end up getting BibleWorks in trouble, so please, please read up on copyright rules before distributing these files!!
    Michael Hanel
    PhD candidate Classics Univ. of Cincinnati
    MDiv Concordia Seminary
    MA Classics Washington University
    Unofficial BibleWorks Blog
    LibraryThing!

Default Copyright

Quote Originally Posted by jdarlack
    Whoa! Posting the TNIV and the New World Translation are both very big violations of copyright unless you have been given express permission from the WatchTower and from Zondervan/United Bible Societies.
    We have been down this road before, even on this same thread (or one of the other 10-20 threads started as a result of this "tool.")

All versions published after 1923 which you do not have permission from the author/publisher to include NEED to be removed.

This is a violation of copyright law and a stain on the integrity of the BibleWorks community.

I would encourage everyone do not download these files until we are certain these versions have been removed.

This is a great tool, I am grateful for your work, but we must be "above reproach."
    Joe Fleener

jfleener@digitalexegesis.com
    Home Page: www.digitalexegesis.com
    Blog: http://emethaletheia.blogspot.com/

Annotated Bibliography of Online Research Tools: www.digitalexegesis.com/bibliography

User Created BibleWorks Modules: www.digitalexegesis.com/bibleworks

Psalm 46:11
    `#r<a'(B' ~Wra' ~yIAGB; ~Wra' ~yhi_l{a/ ykinOa'-yKi W[d>W WPr>h;

Default Copyright Issues

Hi everyone,

The work that I am offering is a favor to the Christian world -- I only ask that you try to see the big picture with me and try to understand why I am doing what I do. It has been over a month since The Message Bible was taken down (not by request of the copyright owner) and still no one has helped me contact the copyright owner for their permission.

Believe it or not, I am not making any money whatsoever on this -- in fact, it's costing me. I have already tried looking up some of these contacts myself with little success. If you are concerned with copyright issues and would really like to help me and this cause, please help me contact the copyright owners and ask for their permission for their excellent contribution to help thousands (if not millions) of Christians worldwide and be a part of the best scholarly Bible tool in the world. And if you happen to be a copyright owner/representative, let me begin by stating that I am trying to help you bring your version of the Bible to the pastors, to the pulpit and to the people.

Until then, I will choose to keep the links available until I hear from the copyright owners themselves (or their representatives) to take them down.

I understand that sometimes we have to risk our own necks in order to help others. I would hardly think that this would be a first in Christian History that the law was bent in order to bring the Word of God to the people. Incidentally, if the BibleWorks administrators need to delete my account on basis of policy violation, etc., you have my full permission to do so. It has been a blessing for me to be able to help you all but my ministry and my family are calling me and we are in the middle of moving back up to Canada. I will continue to upload for the rest of today and then I will unfortunately no longer be uploading to the BibleWorks forum for a while until we are all settled in.

Blessings to all of you,

Robin

p.s. For those who would like to help, please do not post names of publishers, links to websites, etc. In the very least, I would appreciate a contact email address to which a formal request letter may be sent. However, if you would *really* like to help me by sending such a request letter yourself on my behalf, you have my full permission and blessing to do so.
    Last edited by song_robin; 07-16-2006 at 02:24 PM.
    Robin Song, M.Div
    Berrien Springs, MI